Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
If you're ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as an Independent Safety Assessor in Stockholm, Sweden
As an Independent Safety Assessor you are responsible for providing an independent professional opinion that the signaling system meets its safety requirements in its intended environment for use. You will plan and perform the assessment tasks such as review of hazard analysis, review of safety cases, design and test as well as verification and validation documentation. You will compile an Assessment Report that documents the results of your work. You will work in parallel, but independently from the project team to check that the project team including the Validator work is in compliance with internal processes and safety standards.
This position requires working with SW, HW, system integration as well as railway operational related tasks.
- Safety Assessment: Provide Safety Assessment as defined in CENELEC EN50126, 50128 and 50129 standards for RCS products, systems and solutions.
- Reporting: Prepare List of Open Points to capture all assessment review findings and associated closure arguments. Prepare Assessment Report as overall result of your work.
- Planning: Develop Assessment Plans in accordance with Inspection Body procedures and applicable safety standards. Plan your work according to the project's milestones.
- Safety Audits: Perform safety audits, generate audit reports and follow-up audit findings.
- Training/ Mentoring: In line with applicable rules of independence provide Safety Awareness training and mentoring to the Engineering organization in RCS.
Qualifications - External
- Master's degree or higher education in engineering or computer science
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Functional Safety Standards (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129, EN61508)
- Experience with ISO17020 or equivalent standards
- Hazard Identification techniques such as HAZOP, FMECA, FTA, DITLOT
- Software Architecture, Development, Tests
- Experience with railway operations such as ERTMS/ETCS, CBTC, Interlocking, ATP Systems
- Railway authorization procedures and legislation such as TSI CCS, Common Safety Methods
- Fluent in English, Swedish is beneficial
- Well organized and structured, with the ability to work effectively against deadlines
- Very good communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and make decisions required by role's responsibility
- Capable of coordinating work within the project and handling conflict resolutions
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow's mobility. That's why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.