Do you want to work with the company behind the world´s brightest X-ray tube? Great, then you´ve come to the right place! Excillum is a leading company in the field of X-ray sources and was founded in 2007 by researchers who developed their technology. Now Excillum is looking to enter new markets where their X-ray source can be used, to broaden the use of their unique product. Do you have some years of work experience with technical documentation and have an interest for building up this function at Excillum? Come join the journey!Information om uppdraget
Excillum designs, develops and manufactures X-ray sources with the world's highest radius based on anodes consisting of a beam of liquid metal. The X-ray sources has a wide range of usage and Excillum is growing in, among other things, the electronics industry where their products are used to x-ray circuit boards and within the medical field where the products are used to x-ray virus and tumours (outside the body). Excillum in now looking to enter new markets where their technology can be used and are excited for what the future holds.
You will in this role belong to the Engineering department consisting of 22 employees and your closest manager Nina, Head of Engineering. In addition to working with your Engineering, you will also be working cross-functionally with others. For instance, service, production and sales teams. Excillum are headquartered in Kista, where they have R&D, engineering, lab, and production all in house and this means you will work close to the products you are writing the technical documentations for.You are offered
- "A role with a lot of responsibility" - You might have heard that one before? But at Excillum, it also means that you will play an important role in creating structures and building up the documentation function, as well as further developing the technical documentation in the direction you think is best for Excillum.
- A company with a strong engineering culture where you work closely with experts within, for example, software, electronics and mechanics - something we believe will create good conditions for you to develop both as a technical writer but also in other areas of technology.
- A work environment that is friendly, humble and helpful and a manager who encourages you to take initiatives and share new ideas while also being a speaking partner and support you. - feel free to read more about what your future colleagues think about working at Excillum HERE!
As a technical writer at Excillum, you are responsible for ensuring the technical information is clear to the users, who are the customers of Excillum. You work with both updating and managing existing manuals, but also with creating manuals when new products are developed. You are responsible for writing manuals for spare parts and instructions for how to assemble them. Today, there are about 12 existing manuals to work with in the form of updating and making the manuals comprehensible. You work approximately half of your time with hands on writing and the remaining part of time with setting structures and communicating with internal employees who develop or work with the products.Furthermore, you will also
- Visit the production and lab to ask questions or take photos of the products.
- Create illustrations for the manuals in CAD or by including photos that you have taken and edited.
- Set a structure and process for how Excillum work with the technical documentation and the manuals.
Vi söker dig som
- Have some experience of a similar role where you have accumulated experience of writing technical manuals and have acquired good knowledge of how to work with technical documentation
- Speaks and writes fluent English as all documentation is in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with CAD or similar programs, and can extract images to the manuals
- Experience of working with tools, such as SmartDocs or similar, for technical documentation
As a person, you are
In the recruitment process, we will place great importance on personal interest in the position and Excillum as a company, therefore justify well in your application why you have chosen to apply for the role.Other information
- Start: According to the agreement
- Work extent: Fulltime 100%
- Location: Stockholm, Kista
This recruitment process is handled by Academic Work and it is Excillums wish that all questions regarding the position is directed to Academic Work and to the responsible Recruitment Consultant, Jessica Billquist, email@example.com
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Information about the recruitment process:
- Phone interview with Academic Work + personality test and problem-solving test
- Interview with Excillum
- Interview with Academic Work
- Case with Excillum
* Reference checking + decision