Prototyp is a code lab building digital products for innovative companies, using modern web development. Their goal is to be a truly happy place for developers. Fun, meaningful and challenging projects are more important to Prototyp than ping-pong tables and bean bags. Thats why they focus on getting in early on new technologies. It lets them spend more time on greenfield adventures and less time in drawn-out support jobs. Now, we are looking for a Tech Manager who can lead Prototyps developers to the next level. Sounds interesting, right?Information om uppdraget
Do you love writing code but also working with people? As a Tech Manager at Prototyp you will both work actively as a lead developer in ongoing projects, and have an increased managerial and operative role at the company. This includes formal management and responsibility for about 8-10 full stack developers, both junior and senior. In other words - you will both have your engineering skills put to test and have an important leadership position that requires great people skills. Coaching 1-on-1 meetings, recruitment of new developers and driving tech knowledge growth is all on the menu in a fast-paced web development landscape.You are offered
- A small, diverse and passionate collection of talented individuals. At Prototyp they believe in creating their own culture and working together as a team. Thats why they all work together from cozy offices. That way, they can share their experience of that new, cool CSS framework, while also getting help with that weird database migration error from someone who had the same issue last week.
- At Prototyp its a no-brainer to have a rewarding and fun job, without sacrificing your free time. A 40-hour workweek should mean a 40-hour workweek, even when you're working in tech.
- Although Prototyp is a fairly small company, they do what they can to create a positive impact on the environment - like making all company bought meals vegetarian. And when you start at Prototyp, you take a CO2 emissions test so that they can offset your entire work climate footprint.
- Fun activities; for example twice a year they hold a special weeklong hackathon where they press pause on all their regular projects and try out new tech to sharpen our digital prototyping skills. Sometimes it's a crazy IoT idea, a machine learning experiment, or a weird block-chain endeavor. Other times it's a React-Native app for talking to cats. Whatever the idea, its all about trying out new stuff that they havent had the chance to work with before. These weeks are one of the things that makes Prototyp developers stand out from the crowd.
- Technical project management- including keeping track of the project budget, expectation management and client communication.
- Solutions architecture - like doing a technical pre-study into the clients current solutions, deciding on a stack for an upcoming project, and specifying which code languages, frameworks, hosting providers to choose.
- Scrum master and facilitating the work of a small agile team; including breaking down requirements, facilitating agile ceremonies like retrospectives, demos and sprint planning.
- Sales-related activities; participating in meetings with potential clients, creating estimates for offers etc.
- Having regular 1-on-1s with members of your crew
- Coaching junior and senior developers, helping them in their personal development and expanding their technical skills
- Recruitment of new developers, interns and summer workers. Judging code-tests and determining good cultural fit.
- Managing time reports, vacations, absences and salaries, and an education and equipment budget for each person.
Vi söker dig som
- Minimum Bachelors degree within a relevant subject, such as Computer Science or Engineering Physics.
- Between 3 to 8 years of former experience from working within a role as full stack developer where you have worked with modern web application development, languages and frameworks. Prototyp works with a broad variety of languages such as C# and .net, Ruby on Rails, Python among others. What stack you are using is not the most important, although we would love to see that you have a favorite one!
- Great communication skills in English, its also a big plus if you also are keen in communication in Swedish since both languages will be useful in your daily work.
- Has great interest in leading people
As a person you are:
- Service minded
Please attach a cover letter to your application describing which of the above skills you have as well as a motivation as to why you are interested of working at Prototyp.Other information
- Start: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full-time, permanent position
- Location: Industrigatan 4 at Kungsholmen in the central parts of Stockholm
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Prototyp that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.