Single Technologies is a start-up company within Bio-technology. They are developing a DNA-scanner that will take DNA sequencing to the next level.
You will take part of the journey of successfully completing the scanner and take lead of development in optics. Single Technologies is a company that allows everyone to equally contribute and they promote their employees to feel free to make changes in their work duties as well as within their working environment.Information om uppdraget
Single Technologies is a small team with a big goal in mind, which means that every team member gets to have an enormous and personal impact on our product.
Through Single Technologies you will have the opportunity to leave your fingerprint on one of the world's most innovative products.
Read more about Single Technologies here!
As consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. You will start with a six month employment with a good chance to be extended. Single Technologies search for a person to stay with them for a long time!Arbetsuppgifter
You will join the instrument team and take responsibility for the product design from an optics perspective. You will work in a truly international and multidisciplinary team consisting of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers. You will develop, implement, and verify optical designs related to Single Technologies proprietary high throughput confocal imaging solutions. Within our small organization you have the opportunity to work with many aspects of product development and have a significant impact on our products.
You will also own the success you help create through our equity options.For example you will:
- Design and verify optics solutions for our products
- Align optics as part of our manufacturing process
- Provide requirements raised by the optical design on other parts of the instrument
- Be responsible for all optical components and lasers included in the instrument
- Contact with component suppliers
- Modeling of the optical system
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Vi söker dig som
MSc in Optical Engineering or similar with hands-on experience
- Experience in optical design and component selection
- Practical experience of or willingness to learn alignment of optical systems
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving multi-disciplinary organization, which requires flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
Additional meriting skills:
- Knowledge of microscopy
- Knowledge of laser physics
- Experience of ray tracing and tolerancing (in tools like Zemax OpticStudio)
As a person you are:
- Problem solver, you are able to come up with your own ideas, and contribute to new ideas and solutions.
- Structured, able to plan and organize yours and others work.
- A good team player, as you will be a part of a larger team and work together with people from a lot of different fields/disciplines.
- Start: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time. Six month consultant employment with a great chance to extension.
- Location: Sankt Eriksplan 48
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Single Technologies that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase