With their user-friendly and compact transmission electron microscopy (TEM), that is used when developing vaccines and drugs (for example drugs for treating cancer), Vironova are growing fast and need to expand their competent and focused team of Microscopists. If you have experience in TEM and are interested in analysis of biological Materia, this position could be for you!Information om uppdraget
Vironova offers unique services for nanoparticle characterization together with their own software solutions (VAS) for advanced electron microscopy image analysis and recently launched tabletop TEM system (MiniTEM). They have now opened the first Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliant EM facility.
With their proprietary in-house developed software (VAS) Vironova offer a unique range of transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and image analysis services in accordance to GMP to biotech companies and the pharmaceutical industry (clients are mainly found in the vaccine and drug/gene delivery industry). Their image analysis services are mainly used for characterization of specimens such as viruses, VLPs, liposomes and lipid nanoparticles. Depending on the characteristics of the specimen and the aim of the study Vironova uses different sample preparation methods and TEM-techniques such as cryoTEM, negative stain (nsTEM) and ultra-thin sectioning of cells or tissues (utsTEM).You are offered:
- Cutting-edge technology within lifescience
- To be part of Vironovas coming development and expansion
- The opportunity to dig into microscopes and analyzes of biological materials
- An openminded and highly competent team that value work-life balance
- Flexible workhours (within 40h week)
You will join a team of 17 international colleagues, based in the central of Stockholm, close to Karolinska Institutet. The work is divided in 3-week periods. The first week you are responsible for the sample preparation and image acquisition of multiple projects. The second week is dedicated to analysis and writing reports of the same projects. Since the Microscopists knowledge is highly valuated throw-out the company, the third week you might support other departments with your expertise.Vi söker dig som
- Extensive experience in nsTEM and cryoTEM, at least 4 years experience from a PhD or other work experience
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken) since this is the language used both in the company and with clients
- A good scientific and quality mindset
Its considered a merit if you:
- Have worked in a quality system
- Have experience in working with biological material
- Service minded
- Start sate: Januari 2020 or according to agreement
- Extent: Full time, Flexible
- City: Stockholm
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Polestar that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.