Do you want to be a part of one of the top players in the European space technology industry?If the answer is yes, we now have a unique opportunity specifically for you! We are looking for a driven and compassionate junior embedded software developer for our client. You will be working with the last technology regarding satellites in a small, competent team. If this sounds interesting, continue reading and submit your application today. The selection takes place on an ongoing basis.Information om uppdraget
Academic Work is on behalf of our client now looking for an eager embedded developer in the begining of the carrier who wants to be a part of an innovative team in an innovative market. Our customer is a provider of complete space missions, satellites as well as spacecraft subsystems. They handle a wide array of tasks: system control and monitoring, attitude and orbital control, fault detection and handling, communication with units and payloads, communication between space and ground, software upload, etc. The source code is mostly written in C++. They cross-compile it to the target system, Linux and Windows. The latter two builds are for unit tests, system tests and simulators. Unit tests are implemented using GoogleTest. There are a number of tools and frameworks that are written in Python.You are offered
- A fixed-term employment of 6 months with very good opportunities for extension and long-term over-recruitment.
- An efficient corporate structure with flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes.
- By working in multi-discipline project teams, you will enjoy a high degree of scope for creativity, independence and self-initiative. Here you will be offered the opportunity of unleashing your creative potential, participating in a wide range of different project teams and organizing your work processes on a largely autonomous basis.
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. Read more about our offer.Arbetsuppgifter
As an embedded software developer you will be part of a small team working with the actual flight code, the on-board software of the satellite. You will initially work with the integration of subunits (e.g. reaction wheels, gyros, star trackers, etc). This requires you to communicate with system engineers, read and understand data sheets and user manuals, and then implement proper support for these devices. Since they are such a small team t hey can't be that specialized, everybody needs to help out with everything in the software. This also means that they need to take care of other software related tasks, e.g. develop and maintain ground segment tools, perform data analysis, develop SW for lab equipment, etc. It is demanding, but it is also fun. You will be far from being stuck on a very limited area in a big corporation
You will, among other things, get to work with:
- Implementing flight software on the application level of the embedded software
- Writing and maintaining tests
- Test the code on actual satellite hardware
- Implementing ground segment tools when needed
- Some documentation might be necessary
- Implementing SW protocols for communicating with external devices
Vi söker dig som
- Have a relevant education, for example within Computer Science or similar
- Have good knowledge working in C++ (C++11 and later)
- Have good knowledge working in Python
- Have ability to read and understand data sheets and technical user manuals
- Have ability to write tests (unit tests and system tests)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken language
We see it as meritous if you have
- Knowledge in C or C#
- Knowledge in Git
- RTEMS or any other RTOS
- Using oscilloscopes for very low-level troubleshooting
As a person you are
- Start: September
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Stockholm
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from our client that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
We review the selection on an ongoing basis and the ad can be closed before the position is filled if we have moved on to the selection and interview phase.