The AW Group makes people grow and our success is depending on our ability to keep developing both ourselves as individuals and our organization, as well as making sure that we have systems in place that will help us be as effective as we can. In order to meet the organizational needs and take us towards our wanted positions and long-term goals, we need to ensure that we are the best at developing the systems designed for our users. Group IT are now recruiting a Head of System Development to come join us and who will play a crucial role in our journey ahead.Information om uppdraget
At Academic Work - we make people grow and we are now looking for a Head of System Development to join our Group IT department. Our Group IT department consists of around 50 ambitious co-workers who work closely together in creating innovative systems and tools to support our core business. We have ambitious goals for the future and we always strive to be a little bit better today than we were yesterday, while having a lot of fun along the way.
Our IT office is located it Hälsingegatan 43 in Stockholm, where we are just a short walk away from three of our other Academic Work offices which makes it easy to have day-to-day dialogues with our end-users. If you would ask your future co-workers about our culture, we are certain that a lot of them would describe Academic Work as a place where the positive energy and the ambition is contagious. Our co-workers are the heart and core of Academic Work and crucial to our continuous success and growth - could this be your next step?Arbetsuppgifter
The system development department within Academic Work Group IT delivers business critical applications to Academic Work. The department consists of 20 colleagues, both internal co-workers and consultants, divided into teams which includes Tech Leads, System Developers and Infrastructure Engineers. We work with Agile process and principles and use the latest technologies, tools and architectural patterns - constantly improving the ways of working and speed of delivery.
As Head of Development you lead and develop the system development department and take an overall responsibility that the teams deliver systems to create and obtain an optimal user experience while always ensuring quality, efficiency and documentation. You work to ensure that we continuously have the right processes and resource planning in place in our system development department and you will also have the role as an important stakeholder in our long-term strategy for technology and architecture. The Head of System Development report to CIO and is part of the IT management team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure that the system development department has the right organization, strong recruitment and necessary training needed to deliver according to vision.
- Plan and coordinate resources to fit the current and future needs and priorities.
- Identify where your department has challenges that prevents it from delivering at optimal capacity and lead the work to overcome these.
- Develop, maintain, analyze, improve and take action on process goals and main KPIs, ensuring that they are aligned with the overall mission for the IT organization as well as ensure that teams and individuals have relevant goals regarding competence, quality and speed of delivery and follow up these goals on regular intervals.
- Ensure that target architecture is well known and that it is adjusted and developed over time together with teams and stakeholders.
- Motivate and support Tech Leads in working together towards our vision and nurture a culture of continuous improvement.
- Continuously work on evolving existing processes to ensure improved results, efficiency, quality and documentation.
- Manage and control the financial processes around accounting and controlling and forecasting your area of responsibility.
- Be proactive in maintaining a good co-operation and communication with other departments and collaborators.
- Participate and contribute in the IT management team and take a strategic responsibility for the IT organization.
Vi söker dig som
- 5 + years of experience from leading a tech organization including budget, resourcing and organization.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Previous experience as a system developer and still somewhat hands on with code, cloud services, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Expert knowledge in modern technologies, architectural patterns and tools
It will be considered as a plus if you have knowledge or experience from infrastructure-as-code and/or tooling in a DevOps environment as well as in one ore more of the following areas: Domain Driven Design, Command Query Responsibility Segregation, Streaming Data and Event Sourcing.
We want our Head of System Development to be a creative thinker with a vision who has excellent organizational skills and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high ability to follow the rapid development of technology. We also see that you must be a competent and mature leader who has an excellent ability to communicate, present and lead in a way that creates engagement. Another key factor to succeed in this role is to be strong in cooperating with others, both within the department as well as involving and informing management and other functions in due time and in the right way. We also want you to provide a strong technical leadership, which includes a deep understanding of the tools and methods used in System Development, various architectural patterns and technologies. Since our culture is central, and its each managers responsibility to act as a role model as well as ensuring that our core values are followed in our teams, being a coworker who strongly relates to our companys values is also a given!Other Information
Start date: According to agreement
Contract type: Fulltime
Location: Our Group IT office at Hälsingegatan 43, Stockholm.
Contact person: Elin Karman, Senior Recruitment Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to the position by clicking Click here to submit your application". The first step in the recruitment process is to complete two tests by Assessio. One is a personality mapping which takes about 20 minutes to complete, the other a cognitive ability test which takes 12 minutes to complete. The reason why we use tests is to ensure a solid and fair recruitment process focusing on potential for the position we are hiring for rather than your CV. If you proceed, the next step is a phone interview and a personal behavioral descriptive interview.