Academic Work make people grow and our success is depending on our ability to keep developing both ourselves as individuals and our organization, as well as making sure that we have systems in place that will help us be as effective as we can. In order to meet the organizational needs and take us towards our wanted positions and long-term goals, we need someone to unite our Group IT department across common goals, policies, procedures and outlooks. Group IT are therefore now recruiting a Head of Architecture to come join Group IT and play an important role in our journey ahead.Information om uppdraget
At Academic Work - we make people grow and we are now looking for a Head of Architecture to join our Group IT department. Our Group IT department consists of around 50 ambitious co-workers who work closely together in creating innovative systems and tools to support our core business. We have ambitious goals for the future and we always strive to be a little bit better today than we were yesterday, constantly improving the ways of working and speed of delivery, while having a lot of fun along the way.
Our IT office is located it Hälsingegatan 43 in Stockholm, where we are just a short walk away from three of our other Academic Work offices which makes it easy to have day-to-day dialogues with our end-users. If you would ask your future co-workers about our culture, we are certain that a lot of them would describe Academic Work as a place where the positive energy and the ambition is contagious. Our co-workers are the heart and core of Academic Work and crucial to our continuous success and growth - could this be your next step?Arbetsuppgifter
Our new Head of Architecture will be responsible for uniting our Group IT department across common goals, policies, procedures and outlooks. An important part of the role will be to take a wholistic view of our application landscape, IT processes and business development strategies in order to establish structure and implement changes that will increase our productivity. The Head of Architecture will also work to ensure that we are prepared for future expansion and that we stay competitive and relevant in an increasingly digital market.
As Head of Architecture you will contribute on both strategic and operational level which includes both preparing architectural views for decision making and cooperation with our C-level executives and internal Group IT organization to establish baselines and benchmarks, while also working with the execution of the strategic initiatives within the Group IT department and product development teams. You will do this by ensuring the efficient development, recruitment and deployment of talent. The Head of Architecture reports to CIO and is part of the Group IT management team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Oversee and ensure that the IT application landscape align to the needs and objectives of the business.
- Define and communicate the architectural vision and strategy and collaborate with and coach the teams who build it.
- Work with technical architects to reduce complexity, improve information flow and minimize costs of IT solutions as well as collaborate with key IT partners to ensure delivery strategic IT initiatives.
- Keep up to date of architecture and technology innovation best practices and trends and continuously feed relevant information into the organization.
- Support an agile development process and foster business agility within the organization.
- Drive cost and output efficiency for delivery initiatives and preparing proposals and cost estimation for decision making when designing and procuring new IT solutions.
- Balance intentional architecture with emergent design.
- Communicate technical and architectural choices as well as the big picture to the stakeholders.
- Participate and contribute in the IT management team and take a strategic responsibility for the IT organization.
Vi söker dig som
- At least 5 years of experience from IT architecture, preferably from leading architecture.
- Rich knowledge and experience in working with large and mixed IT landscapes consisting of on-prem systems, in-house developed distributed systems and 3rd party cloud applications.
- Knowledge and experience in working with architectural patterns such Event Driven Architectures and Domain Driven Design.
- Thorough knowledge of agile methods and ways of working including experience with working with agile development teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
Since we work with architectural patterns such as Event Driven Architectures and Domain Driven Design, it will be considered a plus if you are also familiar with these. We also see experience and knowledge in working with DevOps teams as well as implementing solutions based on Event sourced systems and the CQRS pattern as an advantage. If you also have previous experience from budgeting, resourcing and organization it will probably help you in this role, but this is also something you can learn along the way.
We want our Head of Architecture to be someone who can provide overall leadership across all areas of architecture and who will foster a culture of built-in-quality, security, scalability and automation. This requires you to be a person who thrives in a role where you are expected to take initiatives and put forward ideas, while at the same time also having excellent cooperation skills to get everybody on board. You are confident in your technical expertise and knowledge but have a high sense of self-reflection and looks to feedback as a way for personal development. Technical understanding and knowledge is a must, as well as a high ability to be structured, leaving no details unseen, with excellence sense for high quality in everything you do. Since our culture is central to us, being a coworker who strongly relates to our companys values is also a given!Other Information
Start date: According to agreement
Contract type: Fulltime
Location: Our Group IT office at Hälsingegatan 43, Stockholm.
Contact person: Elin Karman, Senior Recruitment Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to the position by clicking Click here to submit your application". The first step in the recruitment process is to complete two tests by Assessio. One is a personality mapping which takes about 20 minutes to complete, the other a cognitive ability test which takes 12 minutes to complete. The reason why we use tests is to ensure a solid and fair recruitment process focusing on potential for the position we are hiring for rather than your CV. If you proceed, the next step is a phone interview and a personal behavioral descriptive interview.