For you who is looking for an opportunity to make a difference and be a part of a technical generation shift: this is the job for you! More and more people are watching their TV through streamed media and this is where BiDirection takes place as a leading company in the industry with clients like SVT, BBC, and SKY. You will be a part of developing the future of tomorrows TV and creating exciting media platforms. Dont miss your chance, apply today!Information om uppdraget
Academic Work is on behalf of our client BiDirection looking for a backend developer to join their team. BiDirection is a media technology agency who provide their clients and partners with technical expertise on media management systems and platforms for broadcast. BiDirection describe themselves as a consulting company where you will be assigned a specific project and work at some of their clients.
Academic Work is responsible for the recruitment process but the candidate that proceed will be employed directly by BiDirection.Arbetsuppgifter
As a backend developer you will create customized solutions and integrate different media platforms for TV, press and media production companies. For example you will focus on streaming services, web TV and digital media distribution. During the projects you will work closely with your client, playing a key role in their team. To be able to do that, you will regularly work on site at your client's office.
BiDirection works with giants such as SVT, Riksdagen, Telenor, BBC, Barca TV, MBC and The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision. They also have close collaboration with worldwide market leaders in the areas of real-time 3D graphics, studio automation, sports analysis and asset management tools for the media and entertainment industry.
This position suits you who are open for an exciting business area and want to be in forefront of a new generation of the television area. You are given great development opportunities where you can develop both yourself as a person but also your technical skills. You can also detect new interests and new areas since the company seeks to widen their core business and try new business areas.Vi söker dig som
- You who have a relevant university degree, preferably in Technical Engineering or Computer Science
- You who have a strong interest and passion for programming
- You who can show some kind of practical experience of programming, for exempel a hobby project or work life experience
- You who are familiar with the Unix terminal
- You who are fluent in at least one programming language
- You who have Swedish residence and work permit
It will be considered an additional qualification if you
- Have experience of Python, Java or C++
- Have experience of SQL databases
As a person, you are service-minded since you will have a lot of contact with clients. You are self-motivated and can choose working methods and make decisions within your own area of responsibility. You like to analyze and solve problems and you can understand the consequences of various proposed solutions and find the most effective one.Other information
- Start: Fall 2018
- Work extent: Full time, Office hours
- Location: At BiDirection's clients, located around Stockholm
- Contact information: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
- This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from BiDirections is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
* We do not handle applications through e-mail, but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us at email@example.com and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail. For general considerations about your applications/our recruitment process, we are often available in our chat function on our web during weekdays. Feel free to contact us there!About us
Academic Work is Home of the young professionals. This means that most of our jobs are relevant for you who are studying at university or has completed your studies and are in the beginning of your career. You can work as a consultant on a specific assignment, be recruited directly by one of our clients through our recruitment service or start you career by working internally at any of our Academic Work offices. Find more information on our website www.academicwork.se.