We're building a product that will change millions of peoples' work life, improving how businesses operate, while also improving the wellbeing of their employees. We do this by crafting a visually appealing and easy to understand product, using state of the art tech and drawing insights from our (fast growing) set of data.
If you have a passion for building, coaching and managing high performing development teams, is a person who "gets" both the technical and the business/product side of things, and want to be a driving force behind technical projects both within product and cross-functionally - and thinks this type of startup journey sounds interesting - you should apply now. If you are also technically savvy enough to help us explore what is feasible for us to do within AI/ML you might be the perfect fit for this role.The more detailed description
As Engineering Manager at &frankly you would be responsible for:
Why join us?
- Coaching, hiring and mentoring a team of developers/engineers
- Helping us grow our development/engineering department
- Driving and be responsible for the success of complex technical projects within product as well as in collaboration with other departments.
- Managing the agile development cycles & work for our current development team(s).
- Working together with our lead engineers and our CTO to help define technical architectures and explore new technical capabilities (e.g. AI/ML/big data)
- Working closely with product management, engineers and test & QA to ensure we're building products in the best, and scalable, way.
We can offer you a fantastic and quickly growing team of 12+ very skilled and highly autonomous developers, a dynamic environment within a young company with international ambitions. We have a very strong compensation & benefits package that includes stock options, and flexible work environment with a lot of room for development and growth.
We expect whoever takes this role to want to take a key role to drive growth within our Product development department, meaning there will be large opportunities to help build up our product and engineering organization, as well as possibilities to help put in place a state of the art technical architecture - and provide critical input to our business & product development.
You will be based in the Product department. We are a diverse team with colleagues from all over the world in different ages and with different backgrounds and skillsets, with some colleagues working remotely.We think it's good if you recognise yourself in this description:
So, you think this could make you smile at work?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have hired and led high performance engineering teams.
- While we don't expect you to code (unless you want to), we do expect you to understand our overall technical architecture and have work experience with scalable web application architecture patterns, preferably on AWS/cloud platforms.
- You have a solid experience from working in an agile development environment.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Happy to work both with developers on deep technical matters and talk business needs with our Product Owners orSales, Marketing & CSM team
If you think this sounds interesting we would love to hear what you are looking for in your next employer, what you believe your strengths are and what makes you smile at work. Interviews will be held continuously so drop us a line ASAP :) We're looking forward to hearing from you!