Network & Application Automation Engineer
Would you like join the evolution of 5G networks? If you have the skills and experience in IT DevOps you could help us to build and run our future tools for network operations. If it seems interesting, then this is your opportunity to work with evolutionary and challenging topics in an international team of specialists and experts as we are now hiring a Network & Application Automation Engineer. My name is Calle Strengell and I am heading our Mobile Packet Core Operations in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Is this your next opportunity?
Our team of passionate telecommunication and IT professionals is looking for a colleague who would help us with the tools needed to deliver the most wanted 5G services to our customers.
We are on our mission to create a better connected living, making significant changes in our networks and services and the ways we operate them.
Many of our new services are being built on top of our Network Cloud (NFVI) environment. In this shift our networks and the applications used to operate them will come even closer together, and this is where we need you to come in and strengthen our team with your application operations skills.
You will have the responsibility to operate Network Cloud connected applications such as VNFMs, MANO and automation applications, tightly coupled with our cloud based mobile core networks. You will be trusted with building an operational environment, including tools and procedures for competitive operations.
We need you to be a driver in our network operations automation journey and empowering our network engineers with tools, methods, and insights. You will also have the ability to collaborate closely with the Network Cloud operations and CI/CD teams on this context.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for the tools supporting operations of our cloud-based packet core networks.
- Participation in development and integration projects, configuration and implementation, integration and testing of applications, operating systems and network elements.
- Driving and supporting network operations automation with tools and competence.
- Software development to support network operations in close cooperation with Network Engineers.
Is this you?
We hope you thrive in solving technical problems, are good at connecting with colleagues and forming professional relationships in an international environment. You have experience in working with cloud environments, mobile networks and/or IT infrastructure. And you possess a strong motivation to both maintain and develop your skills, as well as stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements.
Your personal competencies:
- Result oriented.
- Continuous learner.
- University or other higher educational degree in IT, information systems, network engineering or any other relevant area.
- You have 5+ years of experience in operations of server, OS and application.
- Solid knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Experience in automation, from scripting to more advanced cloud environment automation.
- Experience in programming (e.g. Python or similar).
- Experience in using monitoring, alerting and observability tools.
- Fluent English language skills (both spoken and written).
- Experience in network OSS (Operations Support Systems).
- Experience in working with virtualization and cloud technology in a VMware environment.
- Experience in working with telecom networks.
- Experience in Agile and SAFe framework.
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
If you fancy joining our team, don’t hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46-72-7116776.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Application deadline is 15th of June.
Required controls will be performed.
Welcome to Telia - Join us and make better happen!