Mobile Core Network Engineer
Do you have a passion for 5G and the future of Mobile Data communication? Then this is your opportunity to work with interesting and challenging topics in an international team of specialists and experts as we are now hiring a Mobile Core Network Engineer. My name is Calle Strengell and I am heading our Mobile Packet Core Operations in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Is this your next opportunity?
We are on an exciting journey for the future, making significant changes in our networks and services, and the way we operate them. The (r)evolution in Telco networks and services is more present than ever before. Virtualization and containerization are reshaping how we build and operate our Mobile Packet Core. At the same time, 5G and Internet of Things are bringing a wealth of new applications and business opportunities. If you want to be part of this exploration of new technologies and ways of working, our team is where to be.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Daily Operations and Maintenance of the Mobile Packet Core in a multi-country environment.
- Customer deliveries.
- Change/Network implementation.
- Network development.
- Continuous improvements in day-to-day operations and deliveries using automation.
- Sharing the team’s 24/7 on-call duty responsibility.
- Life cycle management of EPC/5G Core network functions in a Network cloud environment.
- Policy Control Function for EPC / 5G Core.
Is this you?
We are looking for a person who thrives from solving technical problems, is good at connecting with colleagues and forming professional relationships within an international environment. We hope you have experience of working in mobile networks and possess a strong motivation to both maintain and develop your skills, as well as stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements.
Your personal competencies:
- Problem solver.
- Service minded.
- Continuous learner.
- University or other higher educational degree in IT, information systems, network engineering or any other relevant area.
- Hands-on operational and development experience in working with mobile network equipment and functions.
- Proven track record of using automation tools and scripting to optimize network operations.
- Fluent English language skills (both spoken and written).
- Experience in working with Packet Core and Policy Control functions (Both Virtualized Network Functions and Cloud Native Network Functions).
- Expertise in IP networking.
- Experience of Agile ways of working and specifically SAFe framework.
- Experience of working with Generic VNF managers, Containers-as-a-service, Telco cloud orchestration tools and familiarity with NFVI and cloud native network functions.
- Experience with data collection, data mediation, data analytics and data presentation.
- Experience of working with and developing CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with principles of Software as a Service (SaaS), Network Services Exposure, DPDK and ML/AI is a major plus.
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
If you fancy joining our team, don’t hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46-72-7116776.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Application deadline is 15th of June.
Required controls will be performed.
Welcome to Telia - Join us and make better happen!