Group Indirect Tax Manager
Group Indirect Tax Manager
Are you interested in working with strategic VAT matters on Telia Group level? Right now, we are looking for a Telia Group Indirect Tax Manager to join Telia Tax & Structure Planning.
We are a great team of dedicated tax specialists responsible for Telia´s corporate tax matters. We are responsible for direct and indirect tax matters on a country dimension as well as on Telia group level. The team consists of around 12 members responsible for the groups tax execution including tax strategy, tax compliance, tax reporting, transfer pricing, capital structure planning, direct and indirect tax.
Is this your next opportunity?
As Group Indirect Tax Manager at Telia you will take the lead responsibility for maintaining and further developing all processes related to VAT and other indirect taxes. As Telia is currently going through a very exciting financial transformation, and as the landscape of VAT reporting is rapidly changing, you will be a key player in driving the digitalization agenda when it comes to VAT.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible to develop, execute and maintain the group's VAT strategy and make sure it is aligned with group's overall corporate strategy
- Drive digitalization and automation within VAT to increase efficiency and enable the Telia group to meet future regulation
- Write and maintain global instructions and guidelines related to VAT
- Lead and develop the Telia group’s VAT community and secure knowledge and best practices are shared within the group
- Monitors and analyzes changes in global VAT regulatory landscape and inform relevant stakeholders about risks and opportunities
- Represent the group in relevant organizations and be responsible for any global lobbying activities relating to indirect tax
- Responsible for setting risk management framework in relation to VAT
- Lead group VAT projects and participate as subject matter expert in other global projects that are relevant for VAT
- Coordinate with external advisors with regards to global VAT issues
- Coordinate and manage VAT aspects related to acquisitions, divestitures or other M&A activities
Is this you?
To be successful in this role we believe you have a degree in Law or Finance with at least eight years of relevant working experience, within the field of VAT. You most likely have a background as a VAT consultant combined with experience, on group level, from an international company. Swedish and English proficiency is mandatory for this role. To drive the digitalization agenda within VAT, we need you to have a strong interest and experience from tax technology.
Your personal competencies:
- Independent and responsible, yet a strong team player with a positive attitude and personality allowing you to build an extensive network across the group
- Trustworthy, proactive, driven, engaged, communicative and analytical
- Someone who likes to work in an international, fast and changing environment
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits. We are changing the industry, digitalizing society, and reinventing better connected living. That is the next chapter in our story, what's yours?
If you fancy joining our team, don’t hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact Johan Hörberg, Head of Group Tax & Structure Planning, at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Application deadline is 2023-06-08.
Welcome to Telia - Let’s make better happen!