Financial Controller Parent Company
Is this your new opportunity?
We are searching for a Financial Controller responsible for Telia’s parent company, Telia Company AB. The parent company comprises group executive management functions including the group´s internal banking operations (Group Treasury) and about 250 full-time employees.
You are an experienced & engaged Financial Controller with prior experience of financial reporting for legal entities and a genuine interest for driving change and developing processes. You will be responsible for the financial reporting of the parent company, both external reporting in quarterly and annual report and internal reporting to Group Finance, and you will be an important enabler to implement and drive process excellence and a key player in the Finance Transformation. You will be a part of Group Financial Control located in Solna, Sweden and report to Head of Group Finance Control, Åsa Johansson, with Jonas Baas as team lead.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for monthly closing for parent company including preparation, analysis and quality assurance of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Responsible for accurate balance sheet reconciliations and documentation.
- Valuation of shares in subsidiaries in the parent company quarterly.
- Prepare annual and quarterly reports for parent company.
- Quality assure and participate in preparing group reporting package.
- Assure continuous dialogue with the business and other group functions in regard to required data and financial information.
- Main responsible for the dialogue with external auditors.
- Secure compliance with IFRS and local GAAP in the financial statements.
- Responsible for the implementation of the internal control framework for financial reporting, including monitoring and testing.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and being an expert in understanding the end-to-end flow of finance transactions.
- Participate in projects and initiatives from the Process Organisation and other parts of the business.
- Advising on accounting regulations and providing analysis on financial impacts for various business needs.
- Monitor large transactions and perform various ad hoc analysis and investigations.
- Coordinate the work of the parent company with Group Treasury, FSS and Group Tax.
Is this you?
- Several years of financial reporting experience.
- Good understanding of SAP solutions and the reporting capabilities.
- Deep knowledge of external and internal reporting and the connection between IS, BS and Cash flow.
- Swedish GAAP/IFRS knowledge.
- Knowledge of financial processes.
- M.Sc from relevant field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience from working in legal entity reporting and analysis.
- Fully proficient written and verbal English and Swedish communication skills.
Your personal competencies:
- Solution oriented that want to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Takes on initiatives to drive changes to make improvements within financial reporting.
- Cooperative and communicates well with various parts of the business.
- Analytical capabilities and a proactive mindset.
- Trustworthy person securing that numbers are reflected accurately.
If you fancy joining our team, don’t hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact Head of Group Financial Control, Åsa Johansson at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 72 219 11 92.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Application deadline is 2023-03-31
Welcome to Telia - let's make better happen!