Content & Business Development Manager
Content & Business Development Manager
Do you share our excitement for media & entertainment partnerships and would like to work with shaping our media strategy and content development with our partners?
Hi, my name is Martin Bläckberg and I am heading the Media Strategy & Content Management team at Telia Company. I’m proud to say that Telia is the leading provider of TV & Streaming offerings to the Nordic households! Me and my team develop our Media strategy and Content portfolio in the Nordics. Our focus is to aggregate the content experience in close collaboration with our internal business units and external partners in the Nordics, like Netflix, WarnerBrosDiscovery, Britbox etc. The team consists of 10 people, and now we are looking forward to welcoming a new colleague to join us!
Is this your next opportunity?
The role is a mix of strategic and operational tasks. You will take part in business discussions and actively participate in business development & strategy work within the TV/Media area, as well as prepare proposals and business cases for negotiations. You will follow industry and user trends to identify new and potential partners and identify and pursue new business opportunities together with Managers. The role also requires you to maintain a solid understanding of technologies available. In the role, you will also monitor trends and insights both internal and external that are shared throughout the organization. You will be part of the Group Media Strategy & Content Team and you will work close to both local and group TV teams. Your key touch points within the organization include Country business units, TV Product/Tech, Marketing, Legal, and many others.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Support, or lead, smaller, content negotiations, including preparations, creating business cases, presentations, tactic and strategic set up, financial analysis etc.
- Account management of the global content partnerships, this in close collaborations with the local content and business management
- Support with long term packaging development based on the content roadmap
- Support in the expansion of TV/Media commercial business development, e.g. identify new ways to sell content with connectivity products
- Work with recommendations in various situations connected to negotiations and partnerships
- Analyze contracts in response to business and legal requests
- Summarize trends and insights shared across the organization
Is this you?
The role requires a good commercial sense and strategic thinking to identify an appropriate mix of content and partnerships. Moreover, you like to take initiatives and balance multiple projects. We hope you have the same interest and enthusiasm for the media/telco market as we do!
We believe that you are:
- Entrepreneurial - questions the status quo and direct new initiatives
- Collaboration skills - a team-oriented person who develops new relationships across all levels
- Result oriented - motivated person with significant drive to build up new business
- Business expert - understands the strategies and priorities of the business
- 2-5 years of work experience from a similar position, for example within the TV/Media industry, or as a Management Consultant
- Experience from project management and business cases
- Great presentation skills with experience from presenting to senior stakeholders
- Solid expertise in Power Point and Excel
- Academic degree in a relevant field, e.g., Business or Engineering
- Excellent Swedish & English communication skills, both in writing and oral
Don’t worry, if you can’t tick off all the boxes but still believe you will do well in this role, we are still curious to learn more about you!
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application. To be able to handle your personal data in a secure way, we ask you to apply via our recruitment system. We are not able to receive applications via e-mail or other channels. Selection and interviews take place on an ongoing basis. Please reach out to Martin Bläckberg, email@example.com, if you want to learn more.
We look forward to hearing from you! Last day to apply is 2023-06-19. Selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to get in touch.
Welcome to Telia - Home to your next big opportunity!