We are currently looking for a Transport Network Architect to join our Transport Architecture team. The Transport network Architect will work together within a broad community of experts across Telia Company in defining and driving the journey towards our target state of converged IP/MPLS and Optical networks. A big part of the role will be centric around Automation, NoOps, Autonomy and SDN. In addition, the Transport Network Architect will be central to maintaining and develop constructive relationships with key stake holders within the technical domain and its adjacencies such as IT/OSS, NFVI, Packet Core, Radio Access Networks, Development units and local Operating companies' infrastructure teams.
This person will be an integral part of the Transport Network Architecture team and support network architecture and design, current and future building blocks, method of procedures, network synergies and evolution.
The Transport Network Architect will be reporting to the Head of SDN, Transport and Fixed access in CPS/NSD/PSA unit.
Is this your next opportunity?
Is this you?
- Co-develop and drive mid/long-term Transport Network Architecture roadmaps & runway.
- Establish a subject matter expertise on Telia Autonomous systems, traffic patterns and trends, technology visions and strategy.
- Maintain close cooperation and secure alignment with IT/OSS and Operating Companies Infrastructure units.
- Define, maintain and make data-driven decisions on data topology and building blocks optimisation in existing augments and new network buildouts.
- Maintain and entertain Telia Target Transport Architecture documentation and policies
- Internal and external presentations of Transport Network related topics
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of technology trends and evolution to identify and evaluate solutions
- Attend industry collaborations and regulatory discussions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, facilitation and presentation techniques
- Strong leadership/team skills and a positive track record in executing innovative ideas and coordinating among internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to show initiative, take ownership, challenge the status quo, drive simplification and a new focus within the wider business
- Excellent people skills, teamwork, willingness to learn, ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks and assignments. Friendly, confident and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in cross-functional development organization with financial analysts, architects, engineers, project managers and product managers.
It's more than just a job!
- Proven expertise in IP/MPLS and Optical Networks technologies
- Experience of working with network development, engineering or architecture and ideally working closely with the main IP equipment platforms on the market today
- Proven ability to accurately document and maintain standards
- Understanding of TM-FORUM interfaces.
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.Interested?
Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch if you want to know more or have questions, I can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or at LinkedIn.
Last application date is June, 23 2021Information for Lithuanian applicants only:
Local labour legislation requires us to provide a salary range for this position. Please observe that this range only applies for Lithuania-based applicants that are hired in a Lithuanian location. For candidates from other countries, local ranges will apply. The range for this position is: EUR 5110 - 9303 eur.
Welcome to Telia - Home to your next big opportunity!