Do you share passion and have expertise in development and maintenance of IP network technology? Then this could be the perfect role for you!
Right now, we are looking for a Technical Peering Manager to our IP Network West team.
I am Jeanette Wetterheim and I am leading IP Network West, which is part of CPS/NSD. We are responsible for IP networks development, maintenance and operations in Sweden and Norway and our focus is to deliver best quality and efficient services to our customers. Together with our colleagues within IP Network & Transport our target is to harmonize current fixed and mobile networks and implement more efficient solutions where we can deliver scale to Countries and Business units applicable for several countries.
For this specific position as Technical Peering Manger you will play a central role in the resource lifecycle process for our IP Network in Sweden. We are making sure that network and services are operating with high quality and availability.Is this your next opportunity?
As Technical Peering Manager you will have the responsibility for development and maintenance of our Peering and Routing plan and IP Network incl long term technology planning. Typical daily tasks will involve network design and development, configuration, technical documentation, problem solving, Additionally, you will have a key role when it comes to technical design, routing and peering to secure quality and customer satisfaction. You will be part of an agile development team working close to other development teams aligned with the SAFe Agile Release Train model.Main responsibilities:
Is this you?You are independent with a strong drive and
- Peering relations, design and documentation, configuration and traffic engineering, hands-on router configuration.
- Manage and enforce the Telia Peering policy for SE, Routing traffic engineering and configuration
- Managing route-objects, AS-numbers, customer filters, aggregates, other policies etc.
- Together with IP Network Design Engineer responsible for and maintain the IGP metric and BGP design, including specification of Route reflector setup.
- Master plan of the communities, tagging prefixes where entering network Transit & Peering design.
- Filter servers for BGP customer and enabling RPKI in the network and prefix monitoring for BGP sessions.
- Transit configuration templates.
- NNI configuration and transit, Import/Export filters, Bogon filters, leakage, prevent hijacks, aggregates, RPKI validation, local pref policies.
- Close cooperation with Global Peering Manager.
- Participate and/or establish necessary forums with stakeholders to secure that the rules and directives are accessible for end users. And act so that the rules and regulations are known, understood and applied.
- Participate in the Agile release train as Peering and Routing expert. Keeping the technical development needs in the plan.
- Report on progress to support management follow up and decision making.
have a burning interest in internet technology and to be updated on the technical development in this area. You have documented experience of working with IP and MPLS networks, Unicast and Multicast Routing with emphasis on BGP, RPKI and IS-IS. You are social, communicative and service-minded, ready to walk an extra mile from time to time. You have good ability to work with many different internal and external units. The view from the customer's perspective controls your initiatives and priorities. You have a very positive attitude and the ability to stimulate innovation and new thinking is a part of your personality. Your personality:
- Analytic, accurate and structural
- Problem-solving with a proactive/preventative approach
- Driven to always find facts to be used in problem cases
- Take responsibility and accountability to secure high quality deliveries
- Quick to learn new technologies and work-flows
- Capability to work in teams as well as independently
- Manage both internal collaboration and vendors with ability to build relationships is a key for success.
- You have excellent skills within the IP and MPLS area (e.g. TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, RPKI, QoS, ISIS etc.)
- Detailed experience of Cisco IOS-XR and IOS-XE, BGP monitoring tools and RIR/IRR databases
- Experience of system administration in Unix / Linux environments
- University degree or working experience within the IP Network Engineering or similar
- Very good skills within routed and switched networks, transmission network and architecture.
- Fluent Swedish and English both in speech and in writing
- Swedish citizenship is required for this position.
either Solna or JönköpingInterested?
If you fancy joining our team, apply for the job! Do you need to know more, call me at +46 70 258 16 18 or contact me by email email@example.com.
Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch. Last application date is 2021-05-14Welcome to Telia - Home to your next big opportunity!