Do you want to be a part of a highly dynamic team of super charged automation wizards and making giant leaps towards Telia's "reinvent better connected living" vision a reality? IP Networks and Transport Automation (IPNT Automation) team forms an integral component of the regions' most advanced Network Unit.About NSD and IPNT Automation
Network Systems & Delivery (NSD) is the central unit for Telia's network. NSD is accountable and responsible for architecture, designing, developing, operating, and assuring Network assets and services across Transport, Core, Access, Cloud, and Service Networks. This also includes lifecycle and E2E service experience for common network systems. We design, develop, operate, and handle innovative and high quality, and cost-efficient systems that enable Telia's customers to use high qualitative services.
Our desired position is to be A service-oriented organization that builds customer value through e2e network service responsibility delivered across network domains and an established network domain ownership to secure platform development, LCM, and supplier ownership.
IP Networks and Transport Automation (IPNT Automation) global team who is responsible for evangelizing and harmonizing common design principles and technologies across the Telia footprint in the Nordics, Baltics and Telia Carrier. Our motto is do it once and reuse it many times.
I am Shahryar Khan, and I am leading the unit IPNT Automation. We are a great bunch of people with a nothing-is-impossible attitude, and I am extremely proud of each member of our team.Is this your next opportunity?
Are you looking for a role in Telia where you will play a key role in IP Networks and ongoing transformation?
In Telia we have embarked upon a journey of Zero Touch automation with ambitious goals of transformation in the Networks Systems and Delivery organization. The Transport Automation team forms an important part of the overall Automation journey and is responsible for driving Zero Touch resource life cycle management, network services fulfilment, and closed loop automation areas. We are looking for an Expert in Network Automation area with a proven track record of network automation toolset and technologies and one who can take up a role of an Architect, a Product Owner and is able to lead architectural and design discussions with a wide range of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate would be the one with a strong IP Networks DNA but one who has evolved from a vendor or device centric CLI mindset to a more progressive network programmability notion with an additional spice of CI/CD principles. We are looking for someone who understands the network infrastructure and network services and is able to convert those abstract requirements into clear design specifications together with well-articulated acceptance criteria for the developers.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- It is important for the successful candidate to be able to understand the ongoing orchestration, automation and software driven trends and on that basis is able to create transformation roadmaps and architectural runways
- Taking a lead role in cross-country realization of Transport automation roadmap
- Proven track record with Cisco NSO tool which is the center piece of the Transport automation and orchestration strategy
- Lead Implementation architect and designer for packet SDN Controller and Hierarchical SDN Controller platforms. Working closely with the Optical Controller responsible to build coherent multi-domain orchestration and automation solutions
- The candidate preferably should have a firm understanding of network statistics or data collection (streaming telemetry), data mediation and network analytics to generate useful insights and hence take a leading role in building a solid platform for close loop automation
- Network Analytics and Insights generation is deemed to be a key ingredient to cater for assurance in Network slicing use-cases in the future. Hence a deep understanding and experience of ML/AI principles is also a must to create the right vision and execution in Network Analytics and closed loop automation domains
In our ever-changing environment, we need leaders, individual contributors and teams who dare to challenge the current, simplify the complex, and care for our co-workers, customers, and our society. We don't believe in rigid hierarchies, rather in people who thrive within a self-leadership culture.
We set high goals for our business and ourselves. Through constant feedback and regular coaching, our leaders ensure we are on the right path. That is why we want driven and skilled people like you to join us in continuing to make our goals a reality.Is this you?
Your personal competences:
- Entrepreneurial, you envision a better future by being curious, imagining new ways, and thinking critically
- Result-oriented, you execute and get things done by creating conditions for success, leading for results, and you are not afraid to make courageous decisions
- Influencer, you engage to inspire impact by understanding and inspiring others and by building support for change
- Good communicator, you enable our people both by developing others and yourself, and together we collaborate with impact
- Initiator, you always seek for new initiatives even beyond your job scope and acts whereas others hesitate
- Resourceful, you always stay positive and influences the environment rather than getting impacted by it
It's more than just a job!
- Bachelor of Science or similar education with a minimum overall work experience of 10 years.
- At least 3 years of experience as a lead architect or designer in network orchestration and automation domain and at least 5 years of solid network engineering experience in IP Networks or Telco Cloud or Network Infra services domain
- Solid experience with Network Services Orchestration and Automation tools like Cisco NSO in a large service provider environment is highly desirable
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming principles and fluency in at least one programming language, ideally Python
- experience from one or more projects that adhere to Object-Oriented programming principles like SOLID under the same
- experience of Data-modelling or data-base admin and exhibits understanding of object relationships
- well versed in SDN, data-modelling and API driven automation principles
- Understanding of overall Transport Orchestration and automation architectural frameworks such as defined by TIP, IETF, MEF
- Experience and understanding of Network Modelling languages such as YANG/NETCONF, IETF and OPENCONFIG based models
- Understanding of REST/NETCONF based APIs and streaming telemetry interfaces
- Understanding of TMFORUM operations management interfaces such as service problem management, inventory, security, fault and performance management
- Participation and contribution on a global stage in standardization bodies like IETF, TIP, BBF, MEF etc.
- Ability to work with both short-term and long-term objectives, involving the big picture as well as implementation details
- A good level of understanding of the networking technologies used in a large provider network is a desirable competence
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.Interested?
If you fancy joining my team, don't hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact me at email@example.com, and/or LinkedIn.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline 31st of MayWelcome to Telia - Home to your next big opportunity!