Right now, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer
to join our team.
My name is Gediminas Šumyla, Head of Service Order Management (SOM) and Activation domain @ Telia IT Production. My teams are responsible for development, delivery, maintenance and operations of the Common SOM and Activation solutions and applications delivered through in-house and external partners. Our platform and applications orchestrate successful Telia customers' order fulfillment for entire Telia Group. We are great bunch of people who have great ambitions, and I am super proud of every member of our team.Is this your next opportunity?
You will be part of SOM and Activation team with the purpose to look after both Swedish application stack and target Service Order Management and Activation solutions in a common consolidated way. Our target solution is based on Ericsson order care & Ericsson Catalogue manager
products and support order to activation process. We are rolling it out across our Telia footprint.
Your main responsibility will be supporting and developing our solutions both on our current and our target stacks. You will be working within a wide range of diverse technologies stretching form databases, networking, servers, clusters and other components and services within a certain application spectrum.
Typical daily tasks will involve participation in system design, environment setup, proactive and continuous service improvements, but it can also include incident management, life cycle management, installations/patching and problem resolution.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
Is this you?
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in development, test and production environments
- Application deployments and configuration changes to support new releases
- Analyzing system/processes and initiating necessary improvements and changes
- Incident & Problem management with a proactive/preventative approach, ticket handling
- Taking on the technical role as the DevOps engineer in ARTs and also being able to run smaller tasks
- Developing tools to support our systems
- Automation improvements
- Priority and/or GRC controls execution
- On call duty
- Knowledge base maintenance
- Collaborating with other teams and solving complex issues
Besides technical IT application maintenance and operations skills, key success factor is a curiosity and eagerness to learn new things. I am looking for an ambitious professional who would be a quick learner and willing to take an #Ownership
for the service and grow his/her responsibilities across multi-country team.Knowledge and experience:
Your personal competencies:
- Experience working with Linux/Unix and Windows Server
- Experience working with technical IT Operations
- Experience working with MW products
- Knowledge within TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience supporting and working with high availability systems
- Familiar with build automation frameworks (CI/CD)
- A degree in IT or related field
It's more than just a job!
- Good communication skills & collaboration with others
- Self-organized and structured
- Adaptive, persistent and willing to take an initiative
- Fluent English (must)
- Scripting/programming skills - Java or any other modern language (an advantage)
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.Interested?
If you fancy joining our team, don't hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact me at Gediminas.Sumyla@telia.lt or LinkedIn.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Application deadline is 3rd of JulyWelcome to Telia - Home to your next big opportunity!