Who we are
We're here to connect you to what matters most, and by doing so, empowering societies. As a Telenor employee, you will be part of a large, international organisation that goes beyond customers - we want to play an important role in the societies we serve. Being connected can change your life, and we're serious about helping our services make the widest possible impact.
We are looking for a driven and collaborative expert to join our TV team. Telenor is rapidly heading towards the digital future and we are looking for people with a natural proactive drive who wants to make a difference. Read more about Life at Telenor here.What you'll do
TV-services is a devops group of 10 people that has the end to end responsibility for the design and operations of the services that Telenor offers. Telenor is modernizing its platforms for the future and that is a challenge that TV-services is going to take on under the coming years. The contact areas within Telenor are many, such as Consumer, Networks and IT Tribes. Your role is to be a senior technical architect that has the VOD domain as your specialty. A part of the work it is to define and communicate requirements as well as technical possibilities and limitations for systems and subsystems in the TV domain.Examples of your responsibilities
Who are you
- Act as subject matter expert in development projects that involve the TV platforms or services
- Contribute as a member of the DEVOPS group TV-services
- Participate in RFQ processes and provide technical recommendations and vendor selection support
- Create roadmaps for the services lifecycle development and management
You are used to acting on your own initiative, making things happen and taking responsibility for the outcome. You are a team player who works effectively with others, who shares knowledge and information and supports others in the pursuit of common goals. Your ability to quickly analyze complex questions and problems is very good. Furthermore, you are interested in continuously developing in the expert role. You have ability to present new and inventive ideas and solutions, and you can respectfully challenge traditional approaches. Finally, you are a very good communicator who communicates clearly verbally as well as in writing, creating reports and documentation.We're looking for candidates which have:
- Master/Bachelor of Science in Telecom or IT, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in IPTV systems
- Experience and competence in architecture and developing against TV DRM systems
- Should have competence in the following areas
- Streaming technologies
- Traditional IP-TV systems
- Metadata processing and systems
- DRM system and technologies
- Streaming CDN design and function
- Experience in BSS system integration
A balanced workforce is key to our success. To secure that, we're committed to fostering a working environment where our employees are supported and empowered in all areas of their work. We promise you a company eager to learn and rapidly adapt to a digital world where you will be welcomed into a skilled team of professional and knowledgeable colleagues. In addition, you will get:
Come join us now
- A flexible way of work - have a lunch workout without having to rush back, be able to leave/pick up the kids from school, work from home when you need to? This is no problem if you make sure your team is happy and you perform and deliver your work.
- A generous health and benefit package with for example wellness grant, health insurance, "give me a break"-days, employee discounts, regular health checks, occupational pension and much more.
- Development programs to deepen your knowledge and broaden the competence.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please contact Mattias Andersson, email@example.com +46733815239 Don't send your CV by mail - these will not be evaluated.
Application deadline: 1 Maj 2019
Location: Stockholm, Solna Råsunda