We are looking for an energic Service Manager for VDC Tools Service to join to our Nordic Service manager team. Your responsibilities would be to coordinate support for our construction business with CAD and BIM modelling applications.
The construction industry is currently facing a development leap where the change agent is spelled digitalization. NCC is leading the way by developing our business and future proofing our IT platform.
Successful candidates would join the Group function DOS Finance which leads NCC’s finances as well as strategy development and major change programs in the business. Within the Development & Operations part of the unit (DOS), we are 140+ employees. DOS also drives the research and innovation and is NCC’s development and delivery function for IT and operations development.The role as Service Manager for VDC Tools Service
In this position you will have overall responsibility for the delivery of the services according to the defined service levels. This includes service availability and maintenance, process support, budgeting and tracking and follow-up of SLA’s related to the service as well as ensuring compliance and IT security. The two Service Managers for VDC Tools will work together in an agile team.
You will be very important for us in our digital journey where we want you to
- manage all incoming demands and requirements on the Service and Systems according to set policies, procedures and practices
- manage the procurement, conversion and delivery of the Service and Systems in accordance with the service description
- daily monitoring of indicators and parameters as cost of service, development costs, quality, capacity, continuity of managed processes, and security
- communicate with relevant stakeholders (Service consumer relationship) to further improve the Service and Systems and report on the service to the Service Owner
- follow up on supplier performance thru regular monitoring the fulfilment of service levels & license, - and support agreements
- participate in service development projects/ initiatives and ensure agreed service design, - and development procedures and principles are followed.
In your position you will also act as the Team Coach/Scrum Master for that team. As the Team Coach, you will
- ensure way of working is understood and followed
- help the team to be more productive and producing high quality
- remove obstacles
- be a servant leader and coach to the team, i.e. not a coordinator or team-lead
- be a servant leader to the product owner and the organization
- help outsiders understand how their interactions affects the team.
We believe you have a, for the position, suiting academic degree, and 4-7 years of relevant experience. Since the position involves international contacts, we also need you to have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in Swedish.
You have qualifications, or corresponding professional experience in IT, and in-depth knowledge / experience in IT service management processes (esp. Service Operation / Service Transition). As a person, you are structured, solution- and service-oriented and enjoy working independently as well as in teams. In addition, you have a good technical understanding and are happy to seek challenges. ITIL 3 or 4 Foundation Certification is meriting and so is experience and/or knowledge of CAD applications/Design tools and licenses (like Autodesk, Trimble, Flexlm and similar) used in the Building industry.
To be successful in this position you
- possess a curiosity about new technology especially VDC and how that is used in the Construction business
- are unpretentious and outspoken
- have ability to coordinate with all levels of stakeholders
- have ability to persuade / follow-up to ensure results
- are a Team player
- have ability to work under pressure
- have advanced level of self-organization and initiative
- have good communication and relationship building skills.
The position will be at our office in Stockholm, but a placement at other Swedish offices could also be possible. The position may require travelling 2-3 days a month within the Nordic countries.Contact and application
Please register your application and CV in English below. Selection is ongoing, so please apply as soon as possible but no later than 2021-04-20. For further information on this position, please contact Lis Karlehem, IT Competence Manager, 070-627 65 80 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Karin Österman de Wall, HR Recruitment Specialist, email@example.com.Welcome with your application!
Not of interest for you? - please feel free to recommend a friend.About us
At NCC, you become part of an organization with good values, high environmental awareness and a strong will to succeed together.
Every day, our more than 15,500 employees make decisions that improve people's everyday lives, both today and tomorrow. Here you work in a strong community together with committed and professional colleagues who are driven to learn new things, achieve goals, share experiences and make a real difference together. We challenge ourselves to drive development and create sustainable solutions that move society forward with new knowledge.
As one of the Nordic region's leading construction and property development companies, we develop commercial properties, build schools, hospitals, homes, roads, bridges and other infrastructure that shapes our way of life, work and travel in society. Through our industrial operations, we offer products and services with a focus on stone materials and asphalt production, paving assignments.
We safeguard a sustainable working life with a strong focus on safety, personal development and a balance between work and leisure.
NCC must reflect our customers as well as society at large and is dependent on employees with different skills. We strive to employ people with different backgrounds and value the knowledge and experience it brings.We kindly but firmly decline contact with recruiters and sellers of advertising or staffing solutions.