ValueOne is searching for a Strategic Sourcing Manager for a six months interim consulting assignment on behalf of our client an electronics company in the automotive business situated in Stockholm. The position is intended to be permanently filled by the consultant at the end of the assignment.The role
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for procurement activities of electronic components in a defined commodity group from the point of customer award through end of production. Further you work with the commodity manager to provide input to and execute global commodity strategies. You are also responsible for defining and executing strategic sourcing decisions. The role involves travelling.Main tasks:
Experience and competence
- Defining current and future global needs for specific commodity groupings.
- Evaluating the nature of market supply along with process and technology trends.
- Sourcing in accordance with the commodity strategy.
- Interaction with internal stakeholders to drive standardization and strategy execution.
- Source material requirements to the required specification at a competitive best landed cost. terms and in accordance with program targets.
- Participate in APQP activities and drive suppliers towards on time product launch.
- Ensure no disruption of material supply that will result in a production stoppage. Expedite orders to ensure on-time deliveries as needed. Negotiate supplier compensation for non-performance (when supplier is at fault).
- Drive continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Manage prices:
- Define initial pricing and ensure accurately reflected in ERP systems.
- Resolve or escalate changes in price due to supplier by utilizing the Price Change process.
- Calculate lowest total cost on quantity/price tradeoffs and work with Planners to execute.
- Assist in annual standard setting.
- Manage Tooling contracts:
- Ensure that tooling information is gathered for new tools including tooling contracts.
- Collect and organize tooling information for existing tools.
- Resolve or escalate supplier requests for tooling maintenance.
- Manage prototype purchases (e.g. order issuance, delivery timing).
- Evaluate and participate in the vendor qualification process.
- ERP System (JD Edwards, Proceedo) database maintenance and integrity.
- Contract review and negotiation, as needed.
- Liaise with suppliers both on and off site with a view to improving supplier performance.
- Engage and influence stakeholders in Procurement and cross-functional.
The ideal candidate for this assignment must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field, preferably MBA degree, and 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing related field. You are an excellent communicator with the ability to create and deliver clear, persuasive presentations. A demonstrated executive disposition along with ability to negotiate at Senior levels is a prerequisite for the role as well as experience from working in a global project team. Furthermore the assignment demands good stakeholder and strong verbal and written communications skills. Naturally you are fluent in English.Application
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: http://valueone.se/aktuella-jobb/ as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 with any questions regarding the listed position.ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas; interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain
operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure and competence.