Are you interested in becoming part of an international and market leading medical technology company whose products make a huge difference for patients, healthcare professionals and societies all around the world? Getinge offers a great opportunity to make a difference in a global and dynamic environment!JOB DESCRIPTION:
Getinge Group is in an exciting and intensive period of change and we are strengthening our Business Category Unit Acute Care Therapies (ACT) and manufacturing site in Solna with a Material Specialist. You will be part of the Mechanical design team. The position offers you the opportunity to work cross-functional, locally as well as globally, together with a winning team. You will be taking part in developing world class med-tech products in a challenging regulatory environment with high ambitions within a fast-paced manufacturing organization!
The primary purpose as a Material Specialist is to create reprocessing and biocompatibility evaluations and reports in connection to release of new ventilation and anesthesia products or modified existing products. You will work closely with the mechanical engineers, the QA/RA department, the Development project department, the Market/After-market department and the Customer complaints department.Among your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Participate in verification activities regarding exposure environment (e.g. cleaning, disinfection, sterilization, exposure to breathing gas and anesthesia).
- Participate in reprocessing biological evaluation plans, including biological hazard identification, risk assessment and identification of complementary tests.
- Set up test specifications and communicate needs with test houses.
- Evaluate results from reprocessing validation, biological tests and chemical analyses including toxicological evaluations of detected substances.
- Write reprocessing and biological evaluation reports to be sent to notified body and agencies with jurisdictions.
- Perform material failure analyses.
- Choose materials together with mechanical engineers based on mechanical performance and exposure at use.
- Support handling of REACH and RoHS related issues.
- Knowledge of polymer materials and their compositions, or organic chemistry, or biochemistry.
- Knowledge within Analytical chemistry, chemical characterization methods and their limits.
- MSc or PhD in Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biotechnology or similar
- Fluent in our corporate language English, both written and spoken, is required as well as proficiency in Swedish for the daily work.
Not a requirement but meritorious if you have:
- Experience of reprocessing and biological safety evaluations of medical devices, alternatively exposures and risk evaluations of chemical substances.
- Experience in FDA regulated environment.
As a person you are a goal-oriented and cooperative team-player who drives results and takes responsibility. You have a structured personality and an analytical mindset with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Being able to communicate efficiently with different stakeholders is an important asset in order to succeed in the role. An ability to work under high pressure in a changing environment is also a key factor for this position.ABOUT THE CLIENT COMPANY: Every day, Getinge Group enables healthcare professionals to save lives. Based on first-hand experience and close partnerships, they provide innovative healthcare solutions to support before, during and after the patients’ hospital stay. The company is built on a genuine compassion for people’s health and well-being. They approach their work with passion. In addition, their culture and behavior are guided by collaboration, openness, ownership and excellence - values they believe are the key to their success. Being part of Getinge Group means being an ambassador for these values and contributing to making a difference in peoples’ lives.EMPLOYMENT:
This is a consulting assignment meaning you will initially be employed by Friday. The ambition is for the assignment to result in a permanent employment at Getinge after the assignment period.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Employment type: Full-time
- Start date: According to agreement
- Location: Stockholm/Solna
- Point of contact: Alexandra Bohlin
- Salary: Fixed monthly
Apply by clicking the link below. Remember to be quick with your application as apply continuous selection of candidates and the position may be filled before the application deadline is due.ABOUT FRIDAY:By being a partner to our clients and candidates, we strive to find the best match for both parties. We achieve this by really getting to know our clients and candidate’s needs! Of course, we will ensure that requirements and skillsets match. But above all, we focus on the importance to find harmony between values and corporate culture which both candidate and client considers optimal. Our passion is to help people to the right position, workplace and context within the IT and Technology field. That's also the reason to why we founded Friday, with the aim to help you find the job that gives you that Friday feeling - every day! We mainly focus on young engineers who either are at the beginning of their career or soon graduating from university within the IT/Tech field. Our belief is that people reach their fullest potential when looking forward to going to work each morning. "Friday - everyday", how about that?