What you'll do
At EnginZyme, we take the best parts of synthetic biology - multi-step enzymatic reactions - and eliminate the worst bits: chassis design, flux, promotors, regulators and other complexities needed to engineer living cells. Instead we replace all that with a simple alternative: highly stable enzymes immobilised on our patented supports applied in fixed bed reactors - the gold standard for bulk chemistry. Our growing team needs support with day-to-day operations including maintaining inventories, analytical chemistry, microbiology and molecular biology.
In addition to supporting our R+D team in daily operations you will look for ways to improve the efficiency of our workflows. Be that by negotiating and consolidating procurement of equipment and consumables with the help of our sales team or supporting our documenting and improving safety procedures.
Key tasks and responsibilities are:
- Work with exceptional lab skills (GLP) to help ensure the lab able to operate at full capacity by maintaining inventories, creating buffer stocks and ordering consumables.
- Carry out routine analytical and/or microbiological activities to support and ensure no delays in the activities of the research teams.
- Setup, operate and analyse experiments using a variety of liquid handling robots with the support of the automation and research teams.
- Schedule and plan for maintenance and calibration of key equipment, deal with special waste disposal and help to document and update lab safety protocols.
The position is based in Stockholm and may include some traveling for development and training purposes.Who you are
We're looking for a lab technician at the top of their abilities, ideally someone who is also comfortable working across multiple areas of general lab activities. Although we think this probably means a degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biotechnology or similar, this is not a requirement. What's important is that you can deliver.
In terms of personal qualities, we're looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for what they do. Someone who has found their calling — the kind of person who thinks about their job in the shower.
- Gets things done. A self-disciplined, hard-working doer
- Doesn't settle. Someone who pushes the envelope — overdelivers, goes out of their comfort zone, resists stagnation.
- Is agreeable. A warm, cooperative, and friendly person.
If this describes you, you'll fit in with the rest of the team!What we can offer you
- The opportunity to be part of something big and important
- Getting to advance state-of-the-art technology
- To work with extraordinary researchers on challenging tasks
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- The get in on the ground floor — it's still early days (and we plan to grow our headcount by more than 50% this year alone)
- A friendly, multi-cultural, tight-knit group employing people from all over the world. On our team of 15 we today have Brits, Bolivians, Norwegians, Argentinians, Russians, Mexicans, half-Indians and quarter-Samis — actual Swedes are a minority!
- Startup mentality. No red tape, lots of responsibility and ownership
- One of the best cities in the world to live and work (don't take our word for it! Just listen to this guy for five minutes: https://youtu.be/CAkdWUjdJyA). We offer relocation support and help you get set up
- An environment where you're free — and expected — to continuously learn and grow