Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
The vehicle industry is making a big technical transformation, away from the traditional fossil fuelled trucks and buses towards electrified and autonomous vehicles. Scania is a premium brand within the automotive industry and are focusing on the technical solutions for the future. In order to reach our goals we want to grow together with you who would like to develop as a test engineer within the brake system area. You will be part of a test and development organisation that has close cooperation with function- and system developers.
The team Brake performance are responsible for brake- and performance testing on trucks and drives the development of the entire brake system, which also includes the air management system. The team consist of both engineers and mechanics. The team members have deep knowledge and experience within the brake system and are responsible for the brake performance at Scania as a whole. Our standards are high and our goal is to develop a brake and air management system with correct performance, quality and functionality and with the highest safety. We are also responsible for fulfilling the latest legislation and certification.Your role
As test/development engineer you will work mainly together with the air management team and learn about the entire brake and air processing system. You will drive the development and testing for our areas of responsibilities; through concept development, validation, verification and certification. You will have an opportunity to deepen your technical knowledge and build a vast cross functional network within the company. Your main tasks will consist of:
- Create and perform testing on complete vehicles as well as in a rig environment.
- Analyse and document test results. Develop our test methods for future projects and maintain our test rigs functionality.
- Take lead in technical discussions and find the best technical solutions to different problems.
- Have close contact and cooperation with our suppliers.
- You will have a close cooperation with experienced colleagues and cross functions within the brake system area.
- Take part in our day to day business with supporting the line organization
We are looking for someone that wants to learn and develop one of the most complex systems on our trucks and buses. You are engaged and committed to your work. You take your own initiatives and use your curiosity and logical thinking to navigate through different problems. By others you are described as a fast learner, thorough, analytic, communicative and flexible. You are humble and execute your work without prestige.
- You have a bachelor or master degree within relevant engineering area
- You have experience from working with systems like Matlab, CANalyzer, IPEmotion or Dewesoft.
- You are capable of expressing yourself fluently in English.
- Driver license C, CE and driving experience is meriting.
- Earlier experience within Scania is meriting.
We offer an interesting and challenging job with a mix of both theoretical and practical work. Our corporate culture is characterised by openness, diversity and respect for the individual.
As a Scania employee, you are offered several benefits in addition to personal and professional development opportunities. These benefits include for example mutual bonus, company car, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, Scania Job Express.Further information
Please contact Elin Aldén, Head of Brake performance, +46 8 553 701 97 or email@example.com. You can also contact test engineer, Erik Bergenlid, +46 8 553 71 549.Application
Your application should include a cover letter, CV and copies of degree certificate/transcript of records.