Scania is currently undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to becoming a supplier of complete sustainable transport solutions.
Autonomous vehicles, connectivity and electromobility are all challenging Scania´s R&D organisation in a new way. To ensure highest quality and functional safety of our products we are focusing on improvements within Scania´s development processes, methods and IT-systems.
Future needs regarding digitalisation to ensure functional safety and competitiveness are being met by improving the workflow of the development of Scania’s Electrical/Embedded systems within R&D. We are facing an exciting transformation towards a more flow driven process with agile methods and high performing teams.
By joining us, you will take part in an exciting journey towards higher level of digitalisation enabling safe and efficient autonomous and electrified vehicles, and improved, more digitalised workflows for Scania´s engineers. One of our goals within tools development is to provide an integrated and seamless tool chain to support the lifecycle of Scania products and services.Your role
You will work with Polarion ALM, a commercial tool from Siemens. The intention and goal with Polarion is to enable digitalization and standardization of R&D methods through tool support. With Polarion we will implement a requirement method at R&D that supports functional safety and complies with standards and legislations.
You will be part of an agile team that is responsible for all elements of application development. The team use agile methodology with sprints, daily standups, demos and retrospectives in close collaboration with appointed product owners in the R&D business.
The team is Managing, Configuring and Developing the Polarion ALM web-based tool. You will work with configuring and maintaining all these parts, and also write extensions and scripts that add functionality in the system if needed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a university education, preferably within IT, or equivalent experience
- Has social skills in combination with communication skills, to be able to handle discussions with other R&D functions regarding Polarion structure and usage
- Likes to collaborate with colleagues and enjoys dialogues and discussions to find the best solutions
- Is actively looking for business understanding and is eager to learn about Product Development within R&D
- Has the commitment and motivation to work with others to develop, deliver, simplify and improve.
- Is passionate about agile system development and acts as a true team player, but is also capable of working independently when required
- Has an innovative mindset and would like to make a difference
- Has experience from agile methodology
It is an advantage and very meritorious if you are familiar with
What we offer
- Scania R&D´s rather complex surroundings and business and able to find your way here
- Polarion ALM
In addition to a wide range of career and development opportunities, we can offer Scania employees other benefits, such as car leasing, flexible working hours, a company training facility and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and the office in Södertälje, the Scania Job express.
For further information, please contact Group manager Åsa Nilsson, Head of Systems engineering, Tools development, EPID, +46 (0)8-553 82034, asa.nilsson@scania.
Please apply via our website Scania.com, Job Id 20203366 at the latest 2021-01-31. Your application should include a CV and cover letter. Selections will be made throughout the application period.