Our corporate strategy brings Sustainability to a new ambition level. With our Science Based Targets we are taking a leap in our ambitions on carbon reduction in our operations but also committing to a customer offer with the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We do this since it is critical to our future success.
Circular Business is a prioritized area within our strategy. The ambition is to make a step change towards circularity until 2025. Well executed the principles and methods that underpins circular economy will strengthen our toolbox and provide us with new abilities to drive the shift towards a sustainable transport system.Circular Business at R&D
What you will do
- Circularity starts with design. Step changes towards zero emission products require Scania to embrace circularity in material specifications, design choices etc.
- Circularity and premium quality must go hand in hand.
- The principles and methods of circular business is in line with the principles and methods of R&D - from elimination of waste to the principles that govern our modular way of thinking.
- Our responsibility is cross-functional both within and outside R&D. Clear communication on material flows, environmental impact reduction and circular business potentials is key to get leverage of the cross-functional work.
As Sustainability Expert with focus on Circular Business you will:
Do you fit the profile?
- Work in a small team that work closely together with focus on sustainability.
- Build up a fact base to support the organisation with sustainability know-how within circular business.
- Understand the needs of our stakeholders to initiate and evaluate circular business cases.
- Shape a roadmap for circular economy that captures the business and sustainability benefits.
- Set and follow up targets in development projects to enhance circular business for our vehicles.
- Follow and engage in the internal and external evolvement of circular economy as a business enhancement area as well as an academic subject and a political discussion.
- Ensure effective cross-functional development and learning between organisations in the area.
- Set relevant KPIs, follow-up and coach the organisation to deliver on their commitments.
- Develop and communicate effective guidelines for designers to enhance a circular mindset in their daily tasks.
- Assist in defining effective digital solutions to enhance our customers’ sustainability ambitions.
You have a relevant university degree at PhD or Master’s level and about 10 years’ experience. You have a proven record of capturing the benefits from circular economy in your previous line of work.
You are structured, result oriented and have analytical skills as well as a curious mindset. It is natural for you to see things in a broad perspective as well as go into the details. To be able to build up a fact base where you will use both our LCA team and do your own analysis.
You are a good communicator with full command and high proficiency in English (in writing and speaking) and you like working with skilled and ambitious peoples in a big network at Scania as well as outside Scania.Further information
For additional information about the position please contact Emil Axelson (Head of Energy Economy and Sustainability) 08-553 50834 or Erik Nellström (Property owner Product Sustainability) 08-553 53460.