Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.Sourcing Manager / Automotive fluids, Aftersales
Are you attracted to the prospect of being part of the development of Automotive oils within the Traton Group? Are you a highly motivated purchaser with a broad experience and who enjoys to work in a dynamic and international environment? Do you gain energy from understanding how a concept and the best way forward across a company, while identifying and work for implementation of improvements with a selected few, core suppliers? Then this position could be the next step in your career.
We now seek a Sourcing Manager to take on the purchasing responsibility of Automotive fluids for aftermarket within the Commercial operations.
The oil segment will experience an organizational transition during the first year of this position, and you will be part of this transition, implementation and adaption into a new organisation and new processes.Role description
Scania’s own branded oil, Scania Oil, has a major contribution to Scania’s overall profit and is by far the individually largest Scania Spare part, today directly distributed to more than 80 countries with a total purchasing volume of 75 M€, currently purchased from a few chosen strategic global suppliers.
As a Sourcing Manager for Aftermarket oils you will work in close cooperation with the Global Category manager (SKM) at Scania and MAN (and in the future also Navistar), as well as with our colleagues at R&D and Sales & Marketing, which means that you will have a wide network of contacts, both internally and externally.
As responsible for Aftermarket oils you will be responsible to:
- Drive, coordinate and implement sourcing activities within Scania Distributor network, local purchasing organisations and internal stakeholders.
- Together with the Oil work group at Scania HQ face the current and coming challenges of implementing the new and reformed driveline and coming electrification.
- Investigate and develop improvement activities with the current supplier base to increase competition and boost supplier competitiveness.
- Be part of the transition from General Purchasing to Automotive Purchasing, you will need to help develop and adapt the segment to a new environment and new processes where need be.
Your main task will be creating strategic plans and activities to improve the quality, delivery precision and total cost of your product range. You will be responsible for creating sourcing plans, preparing and executing presentations for Scania’s and Traton Group’s sourcing committees, and actively developing existing and future suppliers in keeping with Scania’s high standards.
The office is located in Södertälje.Your profileWe’re looking for candidates who are professional, structured, flexible, and results-oriented. You are a graduate engineer or industrial economist with few years’ professional experience as a purchaser,
and be able to work both independently and within in team.You will work with many contacts at different levels internally and externally, so good negotiation, communication and cooperation skills are important. You’re well organised and analytical, enjoy a fast tempo and can create strategic, comprehensive solutions to achieve agreed objectives. The role involves a large international network, so you will need to be proficient in both written and spoken Swedish and English. Qualities that we see as vital for this position are:
- Coordinating - You need the ability to coordinate and align the wishes and requirements of local Scania entities with the global structure and strategies for specific cases on the right level, and make logical reasoning for the arrangements and best result for the Scania Group.
- Dedicated (Scania hat) - Make judgements and prioritizations based on best for Scania for each situation with the total scope in mind. Open mind to handle and support topics and activities where responsibilities are unclear between functions within Scania.
- Enterprising - You’re confident navigating independently in a segment, with high importance on own drive and putting focus on the correct topics. Push topics if the pull effect is missing.
- IT-comfortable - Navigates conveniently in Excel for analyses or data handling, ability to identify and solve deviations. Can easily learn new systems or processes.
If you think you fit this description and like the idea of joining a commercial and international environment with great opportunities for professional development, then we would love to hear from you. We look forward to receiving your application!For further information
Contact Karin Lindström (Commodity Manager, Supplies) firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication
Your application should include a CV and cover letter no later than 28th of Januari
Selections will be made on an ongoing basis.