Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.As Digital is one of the key drivers in the ecosystem of logistics and sustainable transport solutions, Scania in 2017 established a strategic central function with the aim of accelerating digitalization across Scania. Digital transformation is today engaging all parts of Scania’s business, from Product Development, Order to delivery to Sales & Service delivery. The central function is headed by Chief Digital Officer (CDO) Mikael Cato.The digitalisation efforts are managed and executed cross functionally through
CEO and Executive Board with integrated digital governance aiming at speed and impact with both here and now objects as well as targets set in the 2025 strategy
Key responsibility areas for the Digital office going forward are
- Business CDOs working integrated in each of the functions’ management teams
- A Digital Officer network incl. their local digital offices, led by business representatives
- A central team of strategic, digital and CX transformation capabilities (the Digital Office)
- To develop select Digital Capabilities and in those, drive steep change in maturity across the organization
- To Inspire, challenge and work jointly with key decision makers to set the Digital direction for Scania and ensure the Digital transformation gets embedded and driven throughout the business
One of the capabilities critical to the success of digital transformation is Customer Experience. Sitting centrally within Scania but with a global remit, the team will put in place the key building blocks to improve Scania’s CX maturity, and create a framework so that customer experience and insights can truly influence the strategic agenda.What you will do
As part of the Customer Experience team within the Digital Office, the person we are searching for will bring experience and strong skills around CX, with experience working with customer journeys and a good understanding of what drives good customer experience. Your role specifically will be to put in place the Scania wide approach to Journey management and service design. Some of this has started, but this role will further develop and own the overall framework and support local journey managers. Important in this will be strong skills around service design, which is a growing capability across key parts of Scania. Similarly to Journey management, this role will act as a senior service design lead and coach other service design roles to ensure a consistent approach, development of the capability across Scania and joining up service design work across the organisation. You will have passion for improving customer experience and loyalty at an organizational/ strategic level, influencing strategic investment decisions with journey and service thinking to best meet the needs of our customers.
Within the CX team you will work with colleagues with expertise in customer research and CX metrics, and other CX capabilities. The team is primarily about capability building. While initially there will be a need to be hands on yourself to establish the foundations, prove the value of journey management and service design and gain momentum, in the medium term the objective will be to have frameworks in place to enable others to use these approaches. Key to the success of the role will be working closely with stakeholders from across Scania. Collectively, we will establish the CX foundations and ensure this is used to driven transformation across Scania.The main tasks are the following
- Design and establish a framework for Journey Management & Service Design development, and engage stakeholders to gain buy in for cross Scania adoption
- Develop and maintain Journey management playbook, framework for Journey based governance - working with stakeholders to ensure consistency
- Develop and maintain an enterprise wide view of operating model impacts of Journeys and customer roadmap
- Support local journey managers, facilitate a community of journey and service designers, and build capability across the organisation
- Act as the lead service designer providing coaching & support for service designers & training
- As required, support journey and service design work yourself
- Coordiante & contribute to (as req) CX / Service design training
- Establsh and maintain CX network(s)
- Continually review the accuracy and use of journeys and evolve the approach / framework
Do you want to learn more?
- You probably have a university degree or equivalent and 8+ years of experience working with CX and transformation, with expertise in using customer journeys to shape and drive improvement
- Ideally, you will be passionate and proficient across CX, journey management, service design and transformation, being able to support stakeholders to drive business improvement
- Experience coaching leaders about how to use customer journeys to improve and transform the journeys and business outcomes
- You have an entrepreneurial drive and innovative approach and excel in taking initiatives and making things happen
- You have the ability to structure and explain complex conditions in a concrete and educational way
Please contact Neil Dickson, Director, Digitalisation / Customer Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org.Application
Your application should include a CV, a cover letter and copies of any relevant certificates.
We look forward to your application!