Scania is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from a traditional truck manufacturer to a provider of complete sustainable transport solutions. IT is a crucial part of this transformation as Scania's success is depending on flexible and efficient IT solutions that support current and future business requirements.
To meet Scania’s digitalization goal of becoming a data-driven company, Scania needs to design and develop a digital replica for real-time data generated by objects, ecosystems or processes and use the resulting digital twin as the main point of interaction. Digital Twin concept will be used for better, faster and real-time decision making to help business to optimize the operations and to perform advanced data-driven tasks such as predictive maintenance and Real-Time advanced analytics. To address our challenges we need to strengthen our IOT team by hiring an experienced and highly motivated Senior Software Developer with software design experience! You will be a member of our passionate self-organized T-shaped team! This means that we work and support each other together with both development and architectural design.Your mission
You will be part of a team that develops IoT systems, which will allow standardization of the data & data source(s) via semantic-based mapping, building new facts via ontology-based reasoning and give means to use knowledge graphs and historical data-based analytics.Your technical profile
To be able to be a part of our exciting mission, we believe you currently work as a senior developer with 6-9 years of experience. You also have the following competencies:Must have
Optional (a plus)
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong programming skills in Java programming and software design and design patterns.
- Experience in programming Java Microservices with Spring Boot Experience working within Agile groups.
- Must have good experience with integrated development environments, software architecture design and development, and software test and deployment.
- Strong shell scripting knowledge
- Experience in React and Angular framework for Front-End development
- Deep configuration knowledge in Linux, Windows.
- Good understanding of Industry 4.0
- Knowledge and hands on experience in industrial IoT and communication protocols such as OPC UA, MQTT, S7 etc.
- Ability to design & develop customized industrial field protocols.
- Deep experience in design and development of microservices
- Architecture & development experience with real time data processing platforms.
- For this role it is important to keep up to date with the technology trends and industry patterns, understanding and adopting agile working methods are also required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on data science, machine learning and big data analytics.
- Deep knowledge on protocols such as GraphQL,REST, SOAP, MQTT etc
- Practical experience building applications using standards and technologies within the semantic web stack (e.g., Jena, Sesame, Triple / Quad Stores).
- Proficiency with Resource Description Framework (RDF), Resource Description Framework Schema (RDFS) and SPARQL Graph Query Language.
- Understanding Web Ontology Language (OWL), including the use of advanced features such as property restrictions, language profiles, consistency checking, and logical inference.
- Familiarity with Ontology engineering practices and modeling trade-offs. Familiarity with the principles of Basic Formal Ontology (BFO) in systems design.
- Ability to creatively contribute towards developing new requirements by identifying customer needs and contribute towards developing new requirements.
- Applying expertise and knowledge of available methods, tools, and concepts
- You get excited in social contexts where you get to cooperate, and you thrive to explain complicated solutions to non-technical customers.
- You are also comfortable in an environment where only high-level requirements may exist in absence of a fully-defined detailed project schedule. You will need good communication skills in order to interact with our lead architects and other colleagues.
An important role in a fast moving, fun and stimulating environment with engaged colleagues with a wide range of IT expertise. Join us in Scania’s digitalization!
Plus a competitive salary, flexible working hours, parental leave and much more, please continue reading about Scania, our core values and benefits here. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, the Scania Job Express. If you live abroad, we will help you with relocation.For more information
Please contact Stefan Telhammar (Group Manager), +46 (0)8-553 530 58Application
Your application should include a cover letter and CV.