Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Power Solutions is a business area, with a long tradition to develop and market Engines and services for a broad range of industrial and marine applications. The business is managed as a “Company within the company”, based on synergies. At Technical Development within Power Solutions we are responsible for the development and adaptation of the complete products and its performance throughout the project and product lifecycle. The shift towards sustainable and electrified solutions has only just begun, in the Power Solutions business and we are committed to drive that future.
In the team Future products, we need to expand with a skilled senior simulation engineer, to help us with cutting edge simulations for development of the combustion engines, hybrid system and for fully electrical systems. Also developing tools & methods, and guide other simulation engineers in their daily work, and work together with our experienced development engineer. These different tasks is then balanced to fit into a wide spectrum of customer demands and to contribute to Scania sustainable targets and reduce our climate impact.Your role
- Engine performance calculation for gas exchange tuning like, turbocharger selections, camshaft setting and usage strategy, dynamic response estimating an variable ambient conditions and high-altitude calibrations.
- The primary tool for simulations is GT-Power where full engine systems are modelled and evaluated against engine testing, road cycles and applications. This simulation-based approach allows for studies of systems on full engine in the early stages before hardware is available.
- Hybrid optimisation calculations and overview of cooling system for the electrical direction.
It is very important to have close cross-functional interaction with other groups within Power Solution and powertrain development teams within Scania.Your profile
We are looking for someone that is responsible, driven by initiative and is a structured problem solver who sees opportunities. You have a positive attitude, have easy to make new contacts and appreciate both working in teams and on your own.
We want you to be:
- Interested in simulation-driven development and has solid experience (minimum 5 years) in engine performance.
- Master of Science in craft/machine/engineering physics or similar.
- Master Swedish and English in speech and writing.
Experience in working in GT Power is an advantage.For more information:
Mikael Stävmo, Manager Mechanical Design, Future Projects
Phone: +46 (0)8 553 53244, Mobile: +46 (0) 70 0810744
or Svante Lejon, Senior Technical Adviser +46 (0) 553 80328, Mobile: +46 (0) 70 0863728Application
We are looking forward to reading your application that contains a CV and Personal letter. Please apply today but latest the 31st of January