Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Autonomous Transport Solutions (ATS) Research is responsible for developing, testing and piloting future frontier ATS concepts. This work is done using agile and self-steered teams with the ambition to detect and evaluate upcoming technologies, and prepare these for industrialisation. We work in close cooperation with Volkswagen group, leading technology suppliers and academic institutions. One of the groups within the department, EARP, has the strategic and operational responsibility for the pre-development and research of next generation environmental perception for the ATS development. The advertised position lies with the EARP group.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to participate in setting the future of Scania's innovative Autonomous Transport Solutions. You will be a part of a highly competent multicultural team instrumental in developing cutting-edge autonomous technologies where your ideas will be encouraged and embraced.Your work duties
As a research & development engineer for the ATS Perception, you will work with research and pre-development of a multi-sensory environment perception system with the goal of vehicle-surrounding object tracking and prediction. This will include contributing towards
- the analysis and assessment of measurements and data models
- the design, implementation, and assessment of developed algorithms for object classification, detection, and segmentation in single as well as multi-sensory data setups
- design, implementation, and assessment of occupancy grid map
The position also includes coordination with academia as well as internal/external development teams.
This position is located in Södertälje and you will be a part of an agile development team.Your profileRequired Qualifications:
- A Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science.
- In-depth knowledge in classical and modern statistical/machine learning methods, as well as signal processing topics (e.g. Kalman filters/smoothers, Particle filters/smoothers, Sequential Monte Carlo methods, Multiple Hypothesis Tracking and other general Bayesian approaches).
- Track record of publication at relevant major journals and conferences (e.g., IEEE TPAMI, TSP, Automatica, ICASSP, NIPS, ICML, IEEE CDC, IEEE IROS)
- Strong programming expertise in Python and/or C++
- You have good communication skills and knowledge in written and spoken English specifically you are eager and able to communicate your technical results within your team and others.
- International experience and cultural awareness is considered an advantage.
- You will have extensive contacts internally and externally, it is therefore important that you have the ability to collaborate, and are a good team player.
- You are a fast learner, flexible, innovative and have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- Experience with sensor technologies for environmental perception (Camera, RADAR, LIDAR), Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and vehicle prototyping.
- Hands-on experience with large datasets
- Prior experience of working with robotic or autonomous systems
- Experience in, Linux operating systems, Jira, Git, Perforce, NVIDIA Drive PX or any other similar tools.
This position will give you considerable responsibility and you will be able to steer and control your day-to-day work together with your team. Are you the driving force we are looking for? Please, apply as soon as possible to one of the most interesting and challenging positions within Scania.Further Information
As a Scania employee, you are offered several benefits in addition to personal and professional development opportunities. These benefits include mutual bonus, company car, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, Scania Job Express.
For more information, please contact Naveenraj Vijayan (Manager) +46 855 353 208Application
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and copies of any certificates. Apply via our website www.scania.com/jobs by March 12th
at the latest. Job Id 20210312
. Applications will be reviewed and interviews held continuously during the recruitment process.