Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.Material Supply Engineering - OICE
Scania Supply Chain Networks, OI, is a function within Production & Logistics. Our ambition is to become the leader within sustainable logistics and our mission is to globally develop, manage and optimize inbound logistics by building flows with minimal environmental impact, high quality and minimal total logistic cost.
As a Material Supply engineer you will be a part of the Regional Material Control (RMC). RMC consists of four different legs. Transport planning (OICT), Material supply (OICM,OICN), Logistic supplier management (OICQ) and Material supply engineering (OICE).Role Description
You will have a central role in the tactical development of the Scania supply chain. Our main focus is to support the three different processes within the RMC, the transport process, the optimizing process and material supply process.Transport process
- Develop processes connected to transport planning.
- Build new routes and complete networks in our transport management system. (ITMS)
- Be a support in new RFQ´s.
- Work with process development in Vista, Inet and EDI integration.
Material supply process
- You will engineer and reengineer our transport network in close connection with our optimizing team with a strong focus on sustainability, leveled flow and cost.
- Perform Landed cost estimations as an input to sourcing decisions.
- You will be responsible to create the demand specification which is the governing document in the procurement of new transport solutions and take part in implementing new partners and flows.
- Be a part of the audit process concerning new transport providers.
- Develop the material supply process.
- Analysis of stock levels. And suggest the optimal parameter setting.
- Be a part of cross functional projects.
- Develop the different IT system we use in this process. (WS, MC, eQ2 etc.)
- Support in holiday leveling of incoming goods.
We offer a job in an international environment with many contact surfaces, both internally Scania and externally together with all stakeholders in the flow. Some travels is required in your role as Material supply engineer.Job Requirements
You have a master of science or similar with experience from logistics. Relevant background could be logistics development, industrial engineering or purchasing.
You need to be communicative, structured, committed and energetic. You are fluent in English both written and orally. Other languages is extra qualifying for this role.
We want you to have a good knowledge and interest for logistics and material flows.
Experience and interest within IT is qualifying for this position.More information
If you are interested and would like to know more, please contact
Patrik Johansson Manager OICE +46 8 553 898 89Application
The application shall contain CV, personal letter and certificates.
Please apply through our website before October 8th 2018.