Thesis project at Scania is an excellent way of making contacts for your future working life. Many of our current employees started their career with a thesis project.Background:
We’d like to welcome a new bee in IT industry and to be able to help us with a chatbot for our support section at Scania’s Contracted Service & Warranty department.
A simple example of the use case we have in mind is: If an user wants to change the status of a contract. My BOT should behave like this.
- [User 1]: Hello
- [BOT:] Hello User1. How can I help you?
- [User 1]: I want to change the status of a contract.
- [BOT:] Here you go. Refer to Ramas user admin manual <(Link to the document)> under the heading status.
- [User 1]: Thanks.
The above can be improvised based on our approach and success factor.Target:
The purpose of the thesis project is to investigate how chatbots can be used in the support area and find a suitable way of developing chatbots to help users with frequently asked questions.Assignment:
What should be investigated in the thesis project:
To start with we can have an interactive chat bot that can be developed using any programming languages like C# / Phyton that could be hosted on a hosting server like AWS and make it available to our users to get answers for any support to user related questions.
Any additional ideas and suggestions are welcomed.Education & Skill Requirements:
Specify education or specialisation: Information Technology, Computer Science
Number of students: 1-2
Start date: Spring Term 2019 ((VT19)
Estimated time needed: 6 monthsMust have:
- Graduation in Computer Science ( Computer Engineering)
- Knowledge about any one of the following programming / Scripting languages:
C#, Json, Phyton & any chatbot tools like Microsoft BOT etc...
Good to have:
- Knowledge about Web services specifically Rest based services.
- Knowledge about databases like MYSQL or Sql server or MongoDB
- Good at Analytical skills
- Bring up ideas to create simple interactive text chat tool to start with or may be using advanced chat using NLP services for next level
- Proactive thinker and self-driven (Think before you act)
- Excellent communication skills both written and Spoken in English
- Team worker & ability to work as a team
Contact persons and supervisors:
- Knowledge about Hosting servers (To be able to host the BOT) / platform like AWS Lamda etc..
- Solution providing capability for the use case / requirement
Veronika Sladin, Group Manager at Scania Contracted Service & Warranty (IKCE), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arunkumar Krishnamurthy, Master Thesis Supervisor at Contracted Service & Warranty. E-mail: email@example.com
Enrico Richiello, Scania IT-Recruitment Specialist. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication:
Your application should contain a covering letter, CV and transcripts.
Selections will be made throughout the application period.Publication date from - until
2018-09-04 - 2018-10-04