Are you ready for your next challenge? Transmission Assembly are now looking for two Industrial engineering workshop managers. Do you believe you are the right person for this task? We look forward to your application!Scania Transmission Assembly DT
In Södertälje approximately 1050 employees work with producing the needs of Scania European system of gearboxes, axles and hybrid powertrains. We are in the front seat when it comes to E-mobility and electric powertrains!
We also exchange components with MAN Europe, both gearboxes and axles. The future is exciting and ahead of us we have more partners in line for component exchanges.
We have three main missions, to produce the needs of components, industrialise new generations- and families of products and also to encourage and develop our future leaders.Role and tasks
As an Engineer Workshop Manager you are a second line manager and reports to Head of engineering Transmission Assembly. You and your group managers have the responsibility for the component (axle/gearbox), from concept development through industrialisation in Södertälje to capacity, quality and productivity raising tasks and projects. You are also responsible that the same is developed in the right way in our plant in Sao Paolo and that our partners have the same opportunities to succeed. Our challenges consist of increase in volume at the same time as we upgrade our product portfolio. All of our product development projects are done in cooperation within the TRATON Group, mainly with MAN. Some projects are led by us, others are led by our partners.
Your management team have a number of defined areas of responsibility such as, industrial engineering, product introduction, work order preparation and IT. You will by yourself actively participate in and support the projects that requires more than ordinary steering group support. You will work closely with your group managers to develop your leadership and your processes. By getting to know your team you learn to identify the necessary competences and skills required for the job and how to find it in different people with diverse backgrounds.
Your group managers have your support in developing their employees. The tasks we have are complex and put high demands on our ability to cooperate over cultural and company borders.Your Profile
- To succeed in this position you have a proven record of working as a manager and several years of leadership experience. Preferably from a production environment here at Scania or the TRATON group. Hence you are able to understand the technical challenges in the projects your group managers work within.
- Your integrity is unquestionable and you like working with cooperation and leadership issues in technical environments.
- You have strong communication skills and capacity to engage people from different backgrounds and positions at all levels.
- You have the ability of strategic overview, to drive the development of the business forward while you enjoy understanding the finer details in a problem, technical or otherwise. You see the future consequences of the decisions and actions you take today.
- You are a natural leader who inspire engagement in your team by explaining the why and point to the target. Your people feel secure in your honest support and they dare to push their limits. You are quick to test, and your risk management work makes any unwanted consequence manageable.
- You can express yourself fluently, both speech and writing in English with good sense of language and stylistic skills. German is meritorious.
At last, you are driven by challenges and you understand that over time the success in your team lies in the people and how you develop them!We Offer
At Scania it is happening now. We are becoming a central player in a worldwide group. Your possibilities to affect the future of TRATON Group are very real. Your contribution to make Scania leader in sustainable transport solutions are crucial. The challenges we face makes us grow, as engineers, negotiators and as leaders.
You will be a part of the technical management team, where we continuously work with the issues we have. We support each other, share experiences, knowledge and other joyous topics. Your personal growth is important, there is a solid support in the group but also the Scania Academy with its trainings and educations. We work actively with the work balance dialog tool to secure a sustainable life puzzle.Application
Your application should include a covering letter and CV. Please apply through our website HR InLine/Scania Job Search at Scania as soon as possible and no later than November 21st 2018. Selections, interviews and tests will take place on an ongoing basis throughout the application period. Project Id: 20183533.Further information
For more information, please contact:
Jens Åklinder Lagerström, Head of Engineering Transmission Assembly, +46 700 01 90 98 or
Lina Nöremark, Head of Human Resources +46 8 553 52308.