Driven by the geopolitical forces and the need to beef up security across Europe, the defence industry is at the onset of a long-term growth cycle. Scania has also experienced robust growth in this segment in the last few years. In line with our development objectives within this segment we are now establishing an Industrial Cooperation (Offset) function with an aim to provide the necessary support to all the ongoing business development initiatives.
This role will be based within Scania Engines to start with. The initial focus of this function will be to support the Engines and Trucks business areas. But with time we will be able to draw on the competence to even support the bus business in the different government tenders where offset demands exist.Required skills
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in international contracts, supply chain, offset, and teaming strategies, with an emphasis on international business combined with equivalent defense industry experience.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise and simultaneously serve multiple internal and external customers.
- Ability to establish and facilitate cross-business approaches and teaming arrangements that use offsets as a tool to increase Scania's international competitive positioning on critical programs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and shape innovative industrial defense and commercial project opportunities (technical and business) to assist successful campaigns.
- Strong understanding of regulatory policy to include: European and Swedish Export Control, and United States ITAR & EAR.
- Proven record in developing cooperative and sustained customer relationships with foreign government representatives, preferably offset authorities, and other defense-related organizations.
- Strong customer relations skills, cultural awareness & sensitivity and ability to work and adapt to various cultures and work in multi-culture environments.
- Excellent writing, speaking, public presentation and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to successfully motivate and coordinate team inputs into a combined final product (publication, event, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proven strong work initiative and ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- The ability to travel on short notice.
As a Scania employee you are offered, in addition to personal and professional development opportunities, benefits; option to sign an agreement for an employee car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, the Scania Job Express.More information
For further information, please contact Neeraj Sharmaa, +46 8 553 815 31.Application
Your application should include a cover letter and a CV.