Do you want to be active in shaping the future Scania, set to take the lead in the shift towards a sustainable, partly autonomous and highly electrified, transport system?
Scania is industry leading in connectivity, with the highest penetration level of connected vehicles in the industry, over a relatively long period. This means we are well positioned to shape data driven business models that make our customers more sustainable, efficient and profitable. At the same time, we need to gain, test and master new capabilities in order to continue to be a leading stakeholder also in the future transport eco system that definitely will be autonomous, although to varying degrees. In some transport applications already tomorrow, in some others a few years down the line.
At New Business Solutions, we use Service Design thinking in developing data based business concepts towards this future, driven by our own ideas, ideas from other Scania stakeholders, and/or from partners sharing the same vision to meet these challenges and gain necessary capabilities. This means early and tight customer interaction around minimal viable products, to iterate or pivot towards customer adapted services, or, at occasions, dare to fail fast and learn.
As Head of New Business Concepts you will lead a team of competent and highly motivated Concept Managers. It will constitute one of three teams within New Business Solutions, besides e-Mobility Solutions and Service Roadmap Office. Examples of concepts presently explored are Vehicle as a Service, Platooning, Supply Chain Transparency, Site Optimisation, and Ecolution 3.0. We are currently also populating our new customer interaction portal, Scania One, with relevant business content. Besides this, you get the chance to be active in shaping the new Management Team. You will report to the Director of New Business Solutions.Job content
- Lead, develop and coach a group of Concept Managers
- Be one of the drivers in shaping, verbalising and visualising the future roles of Scania in (partly) autonomous transport eco systems, in different industries and applications
- Generate, evaluate and prioritise business concept ideas matching these roles
- Assist Concept Managers in testing new business concepts in direct customer interaction and in close cooperation with relevant Scania stakeholders
- Execute on relevant parts of the Scania Service Roadmap in accordance to service design principles
- Identify strategic partners that can help Scania provide attractive customer solutions
- Stimulate and lead systematic organisational learnings from the business concept development projects
- Help shaping the New Business Solutions Management Team and making it great
You are curious, creative, and out-of-the box thinking, but still fact based. Naturally, you are commercially oriented and analytical, most probably with an academic background. You are fluent in English, generally communicative, socially competent, and capable of building professional networks.
You are capable of working independently, but you prefer to be in cross-functional settings, since good customers solutions are likely to involve deliveries from many parts of the Scania organisation. You are also active in seeking partnerships outside the Scania organisation.
Since your ideas opens up new perspectives, you are a good presenter with pedagogic skills that likes to sell your ideas to customers as well as internally, to the whole Scania value chain.For further information
Please contact Anders Dewoon, Director New Business Solutions, email@example.com or 070-538 21 03Application
Your application should include a cover letter and a CV.