Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Scania Credit Group (SCA), is a Scania Financial Services business unit, that serves customers, dealers and distributors in more than 20 different markets, through established local leasing companies or cross border financing. The local leasing companies consist of both regulated and non-regulated companies and are placed in Södertälje, Ljubljana, Belgrade, Zagreb, Bucharest, Sofia and Kiev.
The Head Office/Market Support centre is based in Södertälje, supporting the local markets with Governance, Management, Administration and Systems. In the markets where Scania Credit Group operates, the companies finance more than two thirds of Scania’s sales. Over 100 dedicated professionals manage a portfolio consisting of trucks, buses, coaches and trailers representing over 620 MEURO of assets.
Scania Credit Group decided last year to set up an independent risk and compliance function at the head office. This due to the speed, complexity and ever-changing regulatory requirements in the financial services industry. The goal is to enhance the overall risk and compliance culture in the organisation by continuing improvements. The main focus is to provide a strategic platform for the risk and compliance area supporting the central management with meeting the organizations challenges and reaching the set long term vision and targets.Job description
The main purpose of the role is to provide support and guidance to all departments at SCA head office in regards to governance, risk and compliance (GRC). Furthermore, to coordinate and support the regions within SCA with GRC matters. The Risk and Compliance Department is an independent function working closely with all departments within SCA both in Sweden and abroad. In this role you will also be a part of the global compliance network within Scania Financial Services. Risk and Compliance Manager is part of the SCA Management Team , reporting to the SCA Managing Director. Jobid 21192155.Your principle duties include:
- Provide strategic support (framework, policies, guidelines etc.) to the management team and the risk and compliance committee;
- Identify risks to fulfil obligations pursuant to laws and other regulations applicable to the business operations, such as AML or GDPR;
- Provide guidance and support to the business, Management and to local compliance responsible, in order to ensure that compliance risks are managed in the first line of defence;
- On-going analysis of global regulatory watch/outlook;
- Monitor and perform activities to ensure that the risks are managed by the relevant functions in order to identify any possible non-compliance;
- Be an in-house resource and/or project leader for various risk and compliance projects;
- Identify risk and compliance issues that impact the business and ensure these are reported to the Managing Director and Board of Directors;
- Conduct ad-hoc activities based on request from Scania head office;
- Be a driver for good compliance culture within the organization; inform and provide training to staff concerning new or amended regulatory frameworks;
- Overall coordinating responsibility and knowledge sharing within SCA Group risk and compliance network;
- Participate in any change process with regard to new or modified products, services, markets, processes and IT systems, in order to verify that changes are performed in line with regulatory requirements;
- Perform regular reporting in regards to GRC matters to the Board of Directors of SCA;
- Lead team members within the risk and compliance department in accordance with Scania’s Leadership Principals.
The work will be driven from SCA head office, involving resources from local markets. The position requests active cooperation with internal and external stakeholders and covers as well new markets and distributor financing activities. The department consist of the Group Risk and Compliance Manager and one subordinate.
International travel is expected for this position.Your profile
We are looking for someone who has a high level of personal integrity, is driven and self-motivated. You take own initiatives, possesses excellent communication skills and is a business minded team player, who is used of working in an international environment with people of various background and nationality. You enjoy leading and developing people. Furthermore, you are motivated by challenges which include operations in growing markets and are not afraid of continuously changing and new circumstances to which you need to adapt.
You have a university degree in finance, law or similar and several years of relevant experience of driving GRC work within a financial organization. Preferably, you have previous leadership experience. To be successful in this role you need to be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business and must have a desire to develop and coach others. Proficiency in English is essential for this role.We offer:
- professional development and interesting job opportunity
- possibility to influence and develop the company
- work within international organisation with highly skilled colleagues
To get further information about the role and function, please contact Maša Sladić, SCA Group Risk and Compliance Manager, tel. +46 737483313 or Lars Värnlund, SCA Managing Director , tel. +46 706075970Application
Your application shall be in English and contain personal letter and CV. Selections will be made on an ongoing basis throughout the application period. Please send in your application no later then 22th of May. Jobid 21192155.