Scania’s trucks and buses offer market leading user experience. As our products are sold in over a hundred countries, the conditions for use are extremely varying. As a part of Scania’s design department, the group Physical Vehicle Ergonomics
is working with identifying users’ needs and potential added user value. We take an active part throughout the design process, creating ideas for improvements and communicating and verifying physical design requirements.
The group is now looking for a new colleague with expertise in user studies to strengthen our capability in the field of building knowledge about the needs of truck and bus drivers in all the markets where Scania is present.
User research, testing/simulation and validation is core in how we work with finding out what would be the best solution to support the human-machine work system. If words like usability, ergonomics, user research and human-centred design makes you energized, you might be the one we are looking for!Your tasks
Your work will include:
- Collecting insights about the conditions for use and specific user needs in Scania’s main markets through various types of user studies
- Follow up user research with user testing of truck and bus concepts with drivers and customers using test rigs, mock-ups, VR and prototype vehicles
- Keeping up to date with and develop methods and tools for user studies/research through following current advancements in research and through networking within and outside of Scania and the VW Group
- Contribute to further development of the group’s capability for the acquisition, management and communication of user information within and outside the department
- Participation in cross functional teams with colleagues from marketing, engineering, styling
You are strongly user oriented and have a strong belief that product development starts with the understanding of the users’ needs. You have experience from communicating customer/user needs to stakeholders in a product development organisation. (You should have experience from and find it a natural part of the work to present findings in a compelling way).
You are used to work systematically with user studies in different forms, e.g. focus groups, interviews and observations using different documentation such as filming, interviewing, surveys etc. You should have a drive to not only identify users’ needs, but also to actually make a change by working together cross-functionally with the design teams in developing solutions that correspond to these needs.
You speak fluent Swedish and fluent English. Other languages and international working experience is highly appreciated. You look forward to travelling to meet our present and future users and customers in Sweden and abroad.Additional information
In addition to extensive personal and professional development opportunities, benefits such as company car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, training facilities, lunch at reduced prices and much more is offered. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, Scania Job Express.For more information, please contact
Fredrik Pehrsson, Head of Physical Vehicle Ergonomics, tel +46(0)8 553 540 72Application
Apply via our website: HR InLine/Jobbsök www.scania.com/job by 28june2018 at the latest.
Job id: 20180914.
Your application should include a personal letter, CV and relevant copies of your degree certificates.