Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
As a development engineer within the group, Geometry Assurance and Testing, you will play an important role in realising one of Scania’s main strategies, Simulation-driven product development. The digital data created by the group, digital trucks, design environments and our own developed tools are essential for the design groups in their development work. They are also used by other cross-functions such as production, aftermarket as well as other simulation groups.
The group is currently comprised of ten development engineers who, along with most of their clients, are situated at the Scania Technical Centre in Södertälje.You will be expected to
What we can offer you
- be a team player where cooperation and learning from each other is a natural part of everyday life
- create good relationships with our cross-functions
- the ability to communicate with technology specialists and present new working methods, statuses and results at technology and project meetings in a satisfactory way
- engage in the improvement work both in-house and cross-functional to optimize our working practices and methods
- A dynamic workplace with varied and challenging work assignments. We focus on a collaborative environment where everyone participates in driving projects forward. As a new employee you will receive the full backing and support from all team members.
- Continual improvement and professional development of employees is a priority for us. The further education of employees, via both internal and external courses, is encouraged and supported.
- Whatever your professional aspirations are, Scania’s varied and numerous career development pathways can help you achieve them.
You are a graduate engineer, or equivalent, with an interest in vehicles and computer programming who will thrive in a high paced environment with both individual and collaborative work tasks. A design background and understanding of Scania’s modular system and product structure would be an advantage. Experience of computer programming, and specifically VBA and SQL, is particularly meritorious.For more information
Contact Paula Pukk, Group Manager, +468 553 855 48