Do you want to have close contact with the markets, customers and bodybuilders, but with main focus on the technical dialogue? Then this is the right place for you.
The department Customized Truck Development is responsible for customer and market adaptations of trucks as well as complete vehicles including bodywork and Defence customers. We support in all technical issues in connection with bodybuilding on Scania trucks. The team Bodywork Engineering is responsible for the bodywork interface and to support the markets regarding all technical questions from the bodybuilders as well as to support the distributors in their work with complete vehicles. This is achieved with Technical Support, Scania Bodybuilder Web-site, Bodybuilder training, Bodywork inspections etc.
At the moment Scania has two major orders for the Dutch and Danish defence organisations and several tenders are ongoing or upcoming. Therefore we need to reinforce our possibility to support in Defence tenders and are now in need of an experienced engineer with good communication skills.You will
Related to defence business;
- handle technical requirements in relation to bodybuilding for Scania defence customers
- manage the technical dialogue with bodybuilders for defence vehicles
- manage technical issues internally connected to bodywork within defence orders, both in the offering phase as well as the order phase
- support engineers within the department both in understanding customers need as well as support to fulfil the customer requirements
- handle change management for bodywork equipment within Defence orders
and related to other business;
- represent Scania R&D in technical dialogues with bodybuilders, customers and local market representatives
- support the bodybuilders in their daily work to facilitate bodybuilding
- support engineers within Scania in understanding customers need as well as bodybuilders challenges
- participate in Scania internal development projects giving bodybuilders point of view for improving body adaptability
- visit bodybuilders on all Scania markets to understand the challenges the bodybuilders experience
- transfer the information to Scania development projects
It is essential to be familiar with the technical terms used within the product and working field.
You know how complete trucks are used when it comes to the customer interface and especially handling of the bodybuilder functions e.g. using winch, use of a loading crane and handling a three-way tipper. Simply be familiar in what the user of the vehicle experience and need.
The role includes a lot of interactions at different levels, both cross-functionally and externally and it is therefore important that you are social and communicative. Main part of conversation is in English but you must be able to handle Swedish since the Truckbodybuilder portal (Bodybuilder guidelines) is produced in SwedishFor further information, contact:
Richard Södereng, email@example.com, +46 8 553 85324