Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
The group engine front end systems and electrics, NMDF, is responsible for the development of the engine’s electromechanical components; alternators and starter motors, as well as their development into future micro hybrid solutions. Our responsibilities are also within belt transmissions, AC-compressors and casted parts for the front end drive. We are now facing a challenging time, in the end for some projects and at the same time starting up new ones, with development of new technologies and in the cooperation within Traton Group.
If you want to be a part of this journey, we are currently looking for a development engineer responsible for the testing of the groups components.Your duties
You will be a member of a group that is characterised by deep and broad competence within different areas of expertise. The work is often carried out as a part of a team that work close together but also involving other groups and departments within R&D, purchasing, engine assembly and aftermarket. Your duties will be within the area of testing and verification of components, often in close cooperation with your Team members and suppliers.Your profile
- You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree within mechanical or electrical engineering with experience from mechanical and electrical measurements
- You also need to have the willingness to hands-on work and the ability to handle theoretically tough challenges
- As a person you are an outgoing, flexible person that likes to work both in a team and drive your own responsibilities forward
- You enjoy challenges and can handle many different tasks in parallel
- Documentation and presentation of the results is seen as a natural part of the job
- The personality we are looking for wants to get things done and drive things forward
You can communicate fluently in English, both written and speaking. Swedish language skills are not mandatory, but an ambition to learn the language is essentialFor more information
Please contact Jimmy Johansson, group manager, +46 8 553 825 41 or Thomas Grubbström, senior engineer, +46 8 553 523 72.Application
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and copies of certificates