Do you want to join and drive the shift to a sustainable transport system?
Electrification is in an exciting phase where the demand for electrified vehicles increases rapidly. Our department Electric Powertrain Technology is responsible for developing electrified powertrains for Scania’s trucks and buses including components, functions and testing. Our team Battery Cell Development is in charge of the electrochemical properties of the traction battery in former, current and future generations of electrified powertrains. We set the battery cell requirements and ensure the performance by testing battery cells, modules and packs in our battery test lab. Battery data analysis from vehicle testing and battery simulation are also part of our development process.
We are now looking for a development engineer focusing on battery cell requirements to strengthen our team.Your responsibility
You will be working as a battery development engineer with a special focus on battery cell requirements both in terms of standards and legislation as well as cell performance. You will be responsible for the cell supplier management in one of our battery development projects. You will also have an interface to the cross-functional vehicle development projects. You are part of a highly motivated and inspiring team of competent engineers with a positive problem-solving attitude. The role includes cooperation within the team, with other teams at Scania as well as within the VW group and with suppliers. Together with your colleagues you have the possibility to influence the team's processes and deliveries. We work actively with improving our methods on a continuous basis and have a culture that welcomes new ideas and approaches.Your profile
We are looking for a development engineer with experience from automotive product development. A background within battery chemistry or safety is meriting.
- MSc or PhD within relevant science or engineering discipline
- Experience from research & development within automotive industry
- Strong interest for batteries and electrification
- You are structured and work independently while at the same time having the team’s results in focus
- You are engaged, curious and have the ability and will to bring new ideas and achieve results
- You are flexible, enjoy a fast pace and being involved in diversified activities
- You are good at gathering the information you need to perform your tasks, communicating your results and summing them up in written reports
- You like working with others and are driven by an inspiring climate with many talented colleagues around you
- Good knowledge of English is a requirement, knowledge of Swedish and German is meriting
At Scania you have the possibility to develop personally and professionally. Our corporate culture is characterized by openness, diversity and respect for the individual. In addition to a wide range of career and development opportunities, we can offer Scania employees other benefits, such as car leasing, flexible working hours, a company training facility, performance bonuses, a pension programme, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service, Scania Job express, between Stockholm and the office in Södertälje.For further information, please contact
Verena Löfqvist Klass, PhD, Head of Cell Development - NEBM, email@example.comApplication
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV, cover letter and copies of any degrees and certificates. Selections will be done on an ongoing basis.