As a Design Engineer within the organizational unit Exhaust System Design you will play an important role in developing the next generation of exhaust aftertreatment systems. New legislations regarding emissions and noise requires new, highly complex technology adapted to Scania’s modular interface. We are facing new exiting challenges working together with both our Scania internal customers as well as the other world’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers within Traton Group.
We are now looking for a design engineer that wants to be a part of our journey as global development centre of world class emission solutions. The positions will be based at the Scania Technical Centre in Södertälje, Sweden and within the group NXDX - Exhaust Systems Inline Solutions, a high performing team of 12 people with high competence, team spirit and the mindset of solve problems together.Expected from you
What you will get
- As a design engineer take part in our cross-functional teams with the goal to optimise the aftertreatment system with regards to all product properties such as performance requirements, weight and cost.
- Together with simulation and test engineers cooperate and plan the development iterations of your component/system up to the final release.
- Create design models that fully support our simulation and performance driven design work, e g parametric modelling.
- Analyse results, prepare reports and presentations and effectively communicate your findings within various forums.
- Contribute to enhance the efficiency of our development work together with your colleagues based on lean development and cross-functional flow as guiding principles.
- Work as a supportive, open-minded team member towards our common goals.
- A dynamic workplace with varied and challenging work assignments. We focus on a collaborative environment where everyone participates in driving projects forward. As a new employee you will receive the full backing and support from all team members.
- Possibilities for continuous improvement and professional development. Education of employees, via both internal and external courses, is encouraged and supported.
- Whatever your professional aspirations are, Scania’s varied and numerous career development pathways can help you achieve them.
- State of the art working tools and processes.
You are a graduate engineer, or equivalent, with a couple of years work experience from mechanical design. You have an interest in mechanical design, material technology and structural mechanics who will thrive in a high paced environment with both individual and collaborative work tasks. Practical knowledge of mechanical systems, knowledge in fluid dynamic, acoustic or previous experiences of exhaust systems is an advantage but not necessary. You are creative, analytic, responsible and work well in a team. The job requires that you master Catia V5 and you must be able to handle English in both speech and in writing.For more information:
Contact Sandra Lindqvist, Group Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 70 088 38 30Application
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and copies of any certificates.