Belonging to the same organization within Scania IT handling data lake, analytics, and information management, the Business Intelligence (BI) group works with development and maintenance of BI applications for Scania globally. We develop solutions for all processes and internal customers of Scania and we maintain these through our on-site resources as well as with the help of our offshore team based in India. We are seeking a curious and experienced Data Engineer to join us!
What you get to do
Data management is a central component in making the vision real - to prepare data that can be consumed by our BI applications and users. You will work with Scania's stakeholders to describe/implement information models in DW solutions and will be involved in both development of new solutions as well maintaining the existing portfolio. We work with data pipelines in data warehouse and Hadoop environments.
Your contacts will be both with business users of the applications as well as internally at Scania IT.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience with DW development and support
- Dimensional modeling
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- ETL toolset - Oracle Data Integrator is highly meriting
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong English language skills
In addition to the technical requirements we believe that the right candidate has the following characteristics:
- Analytical Analyses data, all other sources of information and demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
- Curious and want to learn - Rapidly learns new tasks and quickly commits information to memory and learns from successes and failures and seeks staff and customer feedback
- Organized - Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities while taking into account possible changing circumstances
- Goal-oriented - You set high goals for yourself and works hard and persistently to achieve those goals
As a member of our Scania family you are, in addition to personal and professional development opportunities, offered benefits such as an option to sign an agreement for an employee car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices, and much more. If you live in Stockholm, you can take our Scania bus service between Stockholm City - Liljeholmen - Södertälje, Scania Job Express. Please click here to read more about Scania, our core values, benefits and much more.Further information
Please contact recruiting manager Rickard Anderberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by attaching your CV and cover letter. Selection and interviews will be ongoing during the process. Last application date is March 3rd.Search words: Developer