Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Come and join us where it all begins!
You will play an important role in predicting the strength and durability of Traton future low-carbon after treatment systems. We are developing world leading products for the heavy vehicle market, and tailor our solutions for both internal and external customers.
We recently extended our area of responsibility to also include modules and battery packs for future completely electrified heavy vehicles. Together we are developing technologies that will shape tomorrow’s transport system.The role
Our group is comprised of six CAE engineers. With the help of the finite element method we calculate mechanical integrity of highly dynamic systems. The daily work is mainly conducted within cross-functional teams including designers, calculation engineers and test engineers.
This is you
- You correlate your results to physical tests and measurements. Your conclusions give advice and directions to the team.
- Through expertise and competence you will help and guide the designers from an early stage in the design process until product release.
- You contribute to the work of development of calculation methods with the help of new software and/or test data to improve efficiency and accuracy, both in-house and with the collaboration of external suppliers.
- You evaluate new information, processes and education within the discipline, to be able to improve the best-practice currently employed at Scania.
We put great focus on personal skills. This role suits you who are an engaged team player and like to be challenged. You’re analytical and like to deep dive into complex problems.
- You have a MSc in mechanical engineering with focus on solid mechanics and with some years of work experience.
- Experience in dynamics in combination with fatigue is required.
- We prepare reports and presentations of our results so you must have the ability to effectively communicate your findings within various forums internally and externally.
- Knowledge in programming, battery technology and/or optimization is a plus. Programs we use are among others are pre-processors Ansa and Hypermesh, and FE-solver Abaqus.
- You know English by hand and some Swedish.
We offer an interesting and challenging job where there is plenty of scope for new ideas. Our corporate culture is characterised by openness, diversity and respect for the individual. Employees are our most important resource, so we invest in training our employees and giving them the opportunity to broaden their skills in order to be able to grow with us.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It's about you too. Scania goes the extra mile to provide you with a wide range of benefits to make your pay go further and life mor enjoyable.For more information
please contact Ingela Muhrbeck, Head of Strength Simulation, email@example.comApplication
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and relevant copies of any certificates.