Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
In addition, Autonomy and Electrification is transforming the complete vehicle-industry. There are major challenges and opportunities a head! At Scania and at Strength and crash analysis, RCCC, we are embracing this change and want to develop along with it.
RCCC are responsible for finite element strength- and fatigue simulation related to the cab department at Scania and crash simulation for the entire truck. The group are a key player in Scanias continues improvements striving to optimize for low weight, safety, reliability and cost. At the same time we are also part of many new interesting projects and initiatives. As an example RCCC is highly involved in Scania's development towards electric powered vehicles, both from fatigue and crash safety perspective. The group are in close contact with universities and research initiatives, participating in Ph.D. projects and master thesis within many different topics.
RCCC currently has a vacant position and are searching for a new team member.
Together with us at Scania you have a unique opportunity in taking an important part in developing Scanias future products as well as optimisation of the existing ones.Tasks
- Use FE-calculations to support our designers in their work to optimize components with respect to strength, weight, durability, cost and crash-performance.
- Cooperate with testing departments to secure correlation between simulations and physical tests
- Develop our methods to better predict reality and lowering lead time for our calculations.
- Post-process results, analyse and write reports containing conclusions and recommendations.
- Communicate results and develop load cases / acceptance criteria for Scania
We are looking for you with a Master in Science within mechanical engineering, applied physics or similar, with calculation / Simulation as speciality.
What we can offer
- Previous work background within this field is of high merit.
- Knowledge within one or more of the following softwares/programming languages/operating systems are also of high merit:Ansa pre processor, Matlab, Abaqus, Femfat, LS-Dyna, Meta post processor, nCode, Python and Linux.
Good working environment with helpful and experienced team members. Various tasks within many different projects. Challenging simulation tasks, all from quick studies for structural optimization to more research related work. As a Scania employee we offer more than career and development opportunities. You will have the opportunity for “personal bil” , result based bonus system, pension funds, flexible working hours and much more. Scania also operates direct commuting bus-line between Stockholm and Södertälje.Other information
If you have any questions please contact Tor Berggren, Acting Group Manager 08-553 53107.Application
The application shall contain CV, personal letter and certificates.