Do you want to join and drive the shift to a sustainable transport system?
Electrification is in an exciting phase where the demand for electrified vehicles increases rapidly. The department Electric Powertrain Technology is responsible for developing electrified powertrains for Scanias trucks and buses including components, functions and testing. Our team Battery Cell Development is in charge of the electrochemical properties of the traction battery in current and future generations of electrified powertrains. We set the battery cell requirements and ensure the performance by testing battery cells, modules, packs and multi-pack in our battery test lab.
We are now looking for another battery test engineer for pack testing to strengthen our battery test lab team.Your responsibility
Within your role as test engineer, you will be testing battery packs in Scania’s battery test lab in the scope of battery development projects for application in a number of different vehicle types. You will have a wide spectrum of responsibilities from designing and planning battery tests, programming testing equipment, preparing test objects, performing the tests, analyzing test results and writing reports. You are part of a highly motivated and inspiring team of competent engineers with a positive problem-solving attitude. The role includes close cooperation within the team and with other teams such as the ones responsible for the other parts of the battery pack apart from the cell. Together with your colleagues you have the possibility to influence the team's processes and deliveries. We work actively with improving our methods on a continuous basis and have a culture that welcomes new ideas and approaches.Your profile
We are looking for a test engineer with at least a few years of experience. It is highly meriting if you have knowledge of lithium-ion battery characteristics.
- MSc or PhD within chemical or electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience within component testing
- Training within electrical safety is meriting
- Experience from research & development within automotive industry is meriting
- You are structured and work independently while at the same time having the team’s results in focus
- You are engaged, curious and have the ability and will to bring new ideas and achieve results
- You are flexible and enjoy a fast pace and being involved in diversified activities
- You are good at communicating your results as well as gathering the information you need to perform your tests
- You like working with others and are driven by an inspiring climate with many talented colleagues around you
- Good knowledge of English is a requirement, knowledge of Swedish and German is meriting
At Scania you have the possibility to develop personally and professionally. Our corporate culture is characterized by openness, diversity and respect for the individual. In addition to a wide range of career and development opportunities, we can offer Scania employees other benefits, such as car leasing, flexible working hours, a company training facility, performance bonuses, a pension program, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and the office in Södertälje, the Scania Jobexpress.For further information, please contact
Verena Löfqvist Klass, PhD, Head of Cell Development - NEBM, email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV, cover letter and copies of any degrees and certificates. Selections will be done on an ongoing basis.