Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.Dedicated to a sustainable future
The electrification trend within the automotive business is moving rapidly. For P&L this means that we need to prepare for ramping up production of electrical vehicles and help Scania become more sustainable. One major component in an electrical vehicle is the battery and we have set up a team dedicated to building batteries and forming the foundations for Scania’s newest Production Unit; Battery Production.
The team is growing and we are now looking for leaders as we expand our family and production capacity. During the fall we have installed production equipment to produce inhouse batteries at Scania. We will now increase the production capacity, and during summer-21 go from daytime to 2-shifts.
We are currently looking to add new members to the battery family and are two group managers for the material handling teamsTwo Group managers for Battery Logistics
We are looking to expand our team with a manager to contribute within;
- Set up, improve and lead the material handling teams of Scania’s first inhouse battery production
- Contribute in setting up a new PRU within Scania Production & Logistics
- Set the foundation and culture for Scania Battery Production blue collar workforce present and future
- Recruit workforce according to demand/production capacity
- Lead, organize and follow-up daily work and improvements within the assembly of batteries,
- follow-up and act on KPI’s
- Be a speaking partner, demand setter and contributor in the project for setting up logistics and production for next generation batteries
- Organize work force to participate in project for setting up material handling and production for next generation batteries
Openness, helpfulness, flexibility and interpersonal skills are valued high and close collaboration with battery customers and with the rest of our team is expected.
Scania Technician, Bachelor or Master of Science degree and 3+ years of experience from working at a Scania Production Unit is a demand, as well as deep knowledge about Scania way of working; Scania Production System, small teams and standardised work etc. is essential as well as a good standard of spoken and written English. The working language will be mainly Swedish.
Previous management experience in logistics will be mandatory for application. You have the qualified education to handle risk assessments within logistics like stellage and forks.You will achieve
A wide connection network within P&L as well as within several other functions at Scania. You will work with several other units as well as outside parties and be asked to present material for management teams on all levels of the company. Furthermore you will be part of a new team exploring a new field within Scania production and logistics.More information
If you would you like to know more about the vacancy please contact Tony Persson, Head of Battery Production, +46 70 260 89 32.Application
Your application should contain personal letter, CV and relevant grade copies. Application period will be open until 2021ö01ö24 and interviews and appointments will be held continuously during the application period. JobID