Scania is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from a traditional truck manufacturer to a provider of complete sustainable transport solutions. IT is a crucial part of this transformation as Scania's success is depending on flexible and efficient IT solutions that support current and future business requirements.
With new initiatives from business in the pipeline, we need to grow our awesome team to enable long-term solutions from scratch!This is what you love doing
As an experienced Test Automation Specialist, you will be joining our fantastic team to build the applications for collaboration in Traton Group. At the same time, you will bring test automation expertise and vision to the team. You will be responsible for building and scaling our test automation framework, to make sure we shorten the feedback loop between implementation and success/failure. You will continuously increase the level of automation through active implementation as well as lifting the automation competence of your colleagues. In the bigger picture, you will be working across multiple agile distributed teams with highly competent, versatile and diverse colleagues. The teams also advocate an agile approach to software development
Our technology stack/tools includes i.e. Amazon Web Services, Lambdas, Angular 10 & 11, Python, Java, GitLab among others. We work on a Java based micro-service architecture. We believe you have knowledge in at least some of these tools.
Knowledge of customer needs and new technologies is crucial to your success in this position. You will continuously gather this knowledge through communication, collaboration and learning.Who we believe you are - what you will bring to the team
- Multiple years of experience in Test Automation and System Development with an academic degree, used to work independently as well as in teams.
- Multiple years of experience in UI and Rest API test automation.
- Analyzing users stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Provide timely solutions
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Provide support and documentation
- Prior experience in Performance testing tools like JMeter, Gatling etc. -
- The ability to mentor colleagues to lift the competence of your team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Passionate about what you do. The WOW-factor - Understanding the importance of Non-functional aspects of testing and prior experience in Performance testing like load test and stress tests.
You like to work in a highly independent cross-functional team with a never-ending drive to deliver great software with special focus on performance, maintainability, usability and scalability. You do this by understanding our user’s needs, use a test-driven approach and share knowledge with your team members.Our team and what we offer
We are a curious and empowered team with T-shaped skills who are cultivating an open mindset in our everyday work. We work in an agile approach with short feedback loops and continuous integrations. We are proud of the diversity in the team - not just among team members regarding cultures, ages and religions but also in the delivery portfolios usage in a global business and the new cloud technologies implemented... and no solution is more than three years old...
Our delivery portfolio vision is brand new, you will be a part of creating it from the start. We are totally in the Cloud with Amazon Web Services, and will continue the development here. Our portfolio is enabling IT collaboration in the Research & Development area for Traton group.
You will be working with highly skilled people, curious about exploring and learning more. We continuously improve our processes and deliverables. We will never limit your creativity, never shut down ideas before testing them and we will never be boring!
In addition to exciting career and personnel development opportunities stated in your own plan we offer Scania employees permanent employment, a competitive salary and other benefits, performance bonuses, a pension plan, flexible working hours and much more.
Scania CV is located in Södertälje, Sweden
If this sounds like a team you’d love be a part of building, and you’ve got the skill set, please get in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you!For more information
Please contact Maria Söderman (Manager, IRE), +46 8 553 826 27